The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
j.rigby15r

64 C10 dizzy question.

So I know this is not really the right place to post this question, but the aspect of which I am asking the question I need the answer from people who know these wonderful trucks.

I have a 64 c10 with a sbc 350 and a regular HEI Dizzy, not a fancy Mallory, MSD or whatever. The issues I have is that my dizzy is so close to the fire wall that it interferes with the rotation of the dizzy. The spark plug boots hit the wall and it is a pain to get in and out of the block. I am looking into getting a new dizzy because I think this one is worn out, plus I want a new one. Any suggestion on which one I can get that will allow me more room behind the fire wall? Also do any of you guys have this problem also?
j.rigby15r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
jamon8

Re: 64 C10 dizzy question.

I am doing the same thing to my truck so the dissy cap does not crack when I mash on the gas

here is what I am putting on my truck

Amazon.com: Mallory 8360M Promaster Street/Strip... Amazon.com: Mallory 8360M Promaster Street/Strip...
and here is the coil that goes with it

Amazon.com: Mallory 8207M Promaster Street/Strip... Amazon.com: Mallory 8207M Promaster Street/Strip...
jamon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
bmacneal

Re: 64 C10 dizzy question.

I installed a pertronix distributor on my 66. it has the same size cap as the stock distributor. Upgrading to an electronic distributor was icing on the cake.

there are lots of breaker-less ignition distributors with small caps out there. google them and take your choice.

good luck
bmacneal is offline   Reply With Quote