The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
powerbench

1980 swb what's it worth

Hey guys, I'm usually on the 67-72 side but I thought I would ask you guys what this truck I looked at would be worth. A gentleman I work with mentioned he had a 1980 short bed fleet that he had bought brand new and had sold to father and then it was given to his son. The truck has 38000 Kilometers ( 20000 miles) and is a time capsule. (it has never been in the snow and never seen salt) The cab has zero rust and the bed has had a home made aluminum tonneu over it ( carpet between the bed and the cover). The inside of the bed looks like nothing has ever been in it. The underside looks like it rolled out of the dealer ship with the factory undercoating. It has flares that were put on when it was fairly new and a visor over the windshield. The flares look to be only bolted on where the factory trim was ,the visor was screwed down(I wish it wasn't). He also installed a dodge dart hood scoop on it back in the 80's as well.
The truck has a 305,turbo 350( I think) non posi rear. If the flares come off like I think ,the truck would be a rust free original paint, no dents , no scratches. I would have to get it running and go through the whole truck and fix the roof and hood from the add on's . The interior needs to have the velour taken off the roof and trim panels, but most of it looks original. The truck is black with a red interior, factory tach ,no air, no power windows or locks

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on these trucks, because I've never really looked at how the prices are on them. I was thinking of maybe buying it and cleaning it up (put it back to stock mostly) and flipping it to fund my project a bit . It hasn't ran since 2000 when it was last parked .Sorry no pics

Last edited by powerbench; 03-08-2015 at 07:48 PM.
powerbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
Jake Wade

Re: 1980 swb what's it worth

Values vary from one region to the next. Not to sound like a wise guy but, It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Jake Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
Chrispbrown36

With it not running I wouldn't give more than a couple thousand for it. If it were running in the condition described it would sell for $6000-$8000 around here. The minor things repaired people would ask $11,000 up for it.
Chrispbrown36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:33 AM   #4
andrewmp6

To me 3k to 5k is a good ball park price with out seeing pictures of it.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote