The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #1
Trailnut

'72 Chevy Truck

Howdy,

New to the board here and had a question please -

I found a pretty clean '72 Chevy Truck short stepside bed, 350ci V8, auto (350 i believe), ps, pb, other than ugly wheels, looks pretty darn good.

The owner is asking $9.5K does that seem ok or kinda high???

Thanks for any help
Trailnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
1968aj

Re: '72 Chevy Truck

to get a good idea of value it will take a lot more info and pictures. to me that would have to be a really clean running and driving truck at that price. im talking daily driver not a show truck.
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:26 AM   #3
Trailnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968aj View Post
to get a good idea of value it will take a lot more info and pictures. to me that would have to be a really clean running and driving truck at that price. im talking daily driver not a show truck.
I have no idea how to put photos on here. It is very clean - i spent probably 20 minutes under it looking for the dreaded rust and found nothing more than some surface rust. The bed (wood) could use refinishing. Seat, door panels, carpet have all been replaced. I believe it could be a daily driver but if i get it, she will be just a weekend toy.

Thanks
Trailnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
brown7373

Posting pictures is easy, but they can't be large (pixels). There may be a better way, but this is what I do.

I select the pictures I want, then share them and attach to an email (from my Pictures folder, not the website). I then double click each attachment on the email, one at a time. When the picture appears, I right click on the picture, select Copy, then minimize the picture. Then I paste it to the folder where the pictures are. My program asks me if I want to replace the original or add a copy. I usually select replace, so then my picture is in KB instead of MB. I do that for each picture I want to put on the site. Then close the pictures folder.

Then, from the website, under the box where you type the message, select Go Advanced. In the next box down, select Manage Attachments, which opens a window that has 5 boxes that say Browse. Click browse, open your pictures file, go to the folder with the pictures you want, double click the 1st picture, which will attach it. Select 2nd Browse and repeat, for each additional picture. When you have attached the pictures you want, Click Submit Reply, and you are done.

I know that sounds very complicated. If your pictures are already in a smaller format, or if you can make them smaller some other way, then the Bowse and Attach is the same.

If your picture is in MB instead of KB, the attachments will fail.
brown7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

pictures would help, but a detailed description would do the truck. With what you have offered I'll just say "Yes" because that is possible

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #6
MidLifer

What do you know about the engine? Is it the original, or a replacement, have you run compression test, how long since rebuild, etc. Same with tranny. If both need replacement, there's a couple grand right there.

Does the truck match the SPID, or have modifications been made? Has the dash been cut for a radio, or doors for speakers? Is the paint the original color or has the color been changed?

All these things affect value.

Shortbeds sell for insane prices, I know, and I guess it's worth what you want to pay for it, and if you take the attitude that what you spend on a vehicle like this is sunk cost and the price of a fun truck to own, drive and work on, and you have the money to burn, then go for it.
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
chevytruckluver
Eat, Sleep, Drive a Chevy

Welcome to the board from Ft Worth! In my opinion for that kind of money it should be a little more than a daily driver. If it is an all original truck and you are looking for all original thats one thing, if you want a fun modified truck that has some newer than 1972 type options like overdrive transmission and fuel injection then thats another. Its all about finding a truck you think you like. or if you think you want to add some things later. Good luck

72 Short Step
57 "big window" short step
chevytruckluver is offline   Reply With Quote