The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2015, 06:07 AM   #1
Mjminino

Hello I am new to this side of the forum!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and to let y'all know I will be a regular on this side of the forum. I am currently in the 1960-66 side. If you want to, feel free to stop by the build thread in the signature!

If everything goes well, I should be the proud owner of a 1950 3100 5 window. Was told it has a 216 with 3 on the tree.

Here are some pictures, I haven't picked out a name yet!

She is a little lopsided girl, her tires are flat.

Only paying 1000, I personally don't think I got screwed on the price. I think she has great patina and potential! Get her drivable, newer tires and a new drivers window and just drive the $hit out of her!

Do y'all think I over paid?
Attached Images

Mjminino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:08 AM   #2
Mjminino

Re: Hello I am new to this side of the forum!

More pictures.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
Sim6

Good find. If it has a title I think you did pretty good.
Sim6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:27 AM   #4
Mjminino

That's the only bad thing, well one of the 2 i think is bad. it does not have a title and it ran 2 years ago when he parked it. In Nebraska, I have to send a certified letter to last known owner asking them to get a title for it (1940 and earlier i don't). Within 30 days if the letter comes back undeliverable or no response from the people, I simply apply for a bonded title. all of this AFTER i take the VIN to the police station to see if it comes back stolen.

"Before you apply for a Bonded Certificate of Title:

You must request a search through the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles to determine if a Nebraska title exists. To request a search you will need to complete an Application for Copy of Vehicle Record * and submit it and a $1.00 fee to the Department at the address indicated on the form.
If the vehicle was purchased in another state or via the Internet, a record search must be conducted through the Department of Motor Vehicles in the state where the vehicle was acquired.
If the search finds a title exists, you must send a certified letter, return receipt requested, to the owner of record (the title owner) at their last known address. The letter must state that you are the current owner of the vehicle and request that the titled owner obtain a duplicate title and assign ownership to you.
If the search finds that an open lien exists on the vehicle, you must send a certified letter, return receipt requested, to the lienholder stating that you are the current owner of the vehicle and requesting they provide you with a lien release so you may obtain a title.
If a search by the Department of Motor Vehicles here, or in the state where the vehicle was acquired, cannot determine the titled owner, you must send a certified letter, return receipt requested, to the person or business where you acquired the vehicle requesting that they provide you with a properly assigned title.
All entities, the titled owner, the lienholder if one exists, and the person or business where you acquired the vehicle, must be allowed thirty (30) days to respond to your request. If any or all of the letters are returned with an indication of a new address, you must resend the certified letter to the new address.
If after thirty (30) days there is no response from the titled owner, the lienholder, or the person or business where you acquired the vehicle, or if all letter(s) come back as undeliverable, you may proceed with your application for a bonded title.
You will be required to submit a copy of the letter(s) and return receipt(s) to the Department along with your Application for a Bonded Certificate of Title. The returned letters should remain sealed, so be sure to make a copy of the letters you send to submit with you application.
If a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) plate is required, you must complete an Assigned ID Number Application * and send it to the Driver and Vehicle Records Division of the Department of Motor Vehicles along with a fee of $20.00 and the Sheriff's Inspection form. After it is manufactured, the VIN plate will be mailed to you along with an affidavit you must sign verifying that you received the VIN plate and that you affixed it to the vehicle in the proper place. This affidavit must accompany your Application for Bonded Certificate of Title.

To apply for a Bonded Certificate of Title , the following documentation must be submitted to the Department:

The original return receipts and photocopies of all certified letters or, in the case where letters were returned as undeliverable, the unopened returned envelopes.
Any original written document that you received at the time the vehicle was acquired, such as a Bill of Sale * or a cancelled check (original document(s) will not be returned). An affidavit may also be accepted if you have no written documentation. You must explain in detail in the affidavit on the application for why you are entitled to ownership of the vehicle.
A photograph, taken at an angle to show the front and one side of the vehicle. The photograph will not be returned.
An Application for Bonded Certificate of Title for a Vehicle * completed in full and signed.
If an assigned Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) was required, the signed affidavit attesting to the fact that the VIN plate was properly affixed to the vehicle.
A Sheriff's Inspection Certificate from the local sheriff. The Inspection Certificate must be original (photocopy or carbon copy is not acceptable). The fee for the inspection is $10.00. Cabin trailers and manufactured homes are exempt from inspection. Inspection Certificates are valid for 90 days from the date the inspection was performed.
A Certificate of Title Surety Bond for a Vehicle * from a bonding company or insurance agency licensed to do business in Nebraska. The amount of the bond must be based on one and one half times the current value of the vehicle as shown by the property tax valuation or the NADA Guide. If these sources do not agree or you are uncertain, contact our office. The bond must be for three (3) years.
The surety bond must be submitted to the Department along with your Application for Bonded title and must be within 30 days of the date of issuance of the surety bond. This should be the last step in the process before submitting your application.

To assist you in locating a bonding company, your insurance company is usually a good reference source. You can also find a bonding company by looking in the yellow pages of the telephone book under “Bond” and then “Surety”.

A $50 application and title fee."

If you took the time to read it, I don't expect anyone to, lots of steps but looks fairly straight forward. and is probably around 100ish for everything.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
iowaboynca

Welcome! If you've got the serial plate that's great. It can be found on the front door post on the driver's side. Otherwise you need to get the serial number of the engine. That can be found on a tab just behind the distributor.

Again, welcome.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #6

I think if your happy it don't matter how much it cost JMO
1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
biorn123

hey I just live across the river in cescent ia im building a 48 and a 53 now to if you need a title and vin tag I no a guy that has some at least he did last time I was there I bought mine for 200 bucks let me no if you want me to get a hold of him
biorn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
mdpaulson1

love the gas cap! there are threads here of guys trying to get a patina that nice, damn it'd look good under the Oak tree here. I think it's worth that and more
mdpaulson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:14 PM   #9
Iceburgh

enjoy the truck and forum....great place and people
Old 03-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #10
Dan in Pasadena

Not that it matters what my opinion or anyone else's is for that matter but I think you did fine even without the title.

Personally, I'm NOT a "patina" guy. I'd scrub her down with CLR and a mild Scotch Brite pad, then wax up what's left of the original paint or use Gibb's oil if there's a lot of bare steel. If you're going to keep her mechanically stock you're not going to be driving her at freeway speeds. But that's not what these trucks were ever meant to do anyway.

Congratulations and have fun. We like PICTURES, so keep them coming!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote