The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
kgmunro

67 rim clearance issue

So I put a 1985 subframe under my 67 c10, no issues, put 2 1/2 drop spindles on and now with my 8 inch rally's I can not turn the wheel. It will physically turn but then the rim connects with the control arm lip. Has anyone had this issue? I was thinking of trying 7 inch rally's or a small wheel spacer and see if that helps. I also forgot to mention I cut one ring from the front coils to lower the truck a bit more.
kgmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #2
Carmen Black

Re: 67 rim clearance issue

I had an issue similar with a stock 1972 with 2 1/2 drop spindles and 15 inch old school Cragars. After installation, the truck wouldn't roll. So I took an angle grinder to the lower lip of the control arm and the steering knuckle and it looked great when I dropped the truck. Pulled it out of the garage and it ripped the clip on wheel weights off the inside of the rims.

Then I drove it around the circle at the end of the street and the lower arm peeled a shaving around the inside of both entire front rims like peeling an apple. Sounded like someone rattling aluminum cans.

So I grinded some more and inspected the clearance at full lock on both sides. I then added 5/16th inch wheel spacers from advance auto. So far no more issues, but didn't really like having to do this. I think the companies that make drop spindles should be more forthcoming on this issue.
Carmen Black is offline   Reply With Quote