The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2015, 06:42 AM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

What did you get done 3/22/15 edition

Despite a spring kick in the butt from good old mother nature I got a lot done this week. On the plow beast 79K10 we figured ou why the plow wasn't working correctly as it appears a bolt on the plow linkage snapped not allowing it to be picked up correctly. We then replaced the old worn out carb on her with a new edelbrock 1406 then we finally cut down the old exhaust and put on the new exhaust ( stock Y pipe cat mid pipe muffler and tail pipe)
During the week I scored a new set of inner fencers and Sunday we went to cowtown where I got a used right fender to go with the left one I had from the old plow truck
Im getting ready to do the left side rocker and cab corner so once that is all done things will be pretty good for the old plow heap
I also went down to the 74 and put the one spring in and the junction block in there so that is one stwp closer to being started
How about you all?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
benscool1

Re: What did you get done 3/22/15 edition

I had a lot going on this weekend but still managed to get some done on the truck. After I put my daughter to bed Friday night I went out and put in a much needed cup holder in front of the seat. this is where I got the idea: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=208408.

Then Sunday I did a little bit of wiring. After reading several threads about the power window relay mod I decided to give it a try for myself. The results are decent, I only got the passenger side done but it is now slightly faster than the driver side which has a new motor. I also had a little mishap, my 31 year old cigarette lighter outlet hasn't been working when I plug my phone charger in so I thought I would replace that. No big deal, right? Well, probably due to my excitement over the idea of having all day to work on the truck uninterupted I forgot to unhook the battery before I pulled the old outlet out and managed to blow the radio fuse(I assume the cigarette lighter and radio must be on the same circuit?). Now for some reason as soon as I turn on the key whether the outlet is plugged in or not the fuse for the radio blows. I hate wiring.
benscool1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
69heavychevy

I replaced the kickdown cable seal to see if that will get it to stop leaking. Note to self; this is best done with the trans out of the vehicle. It can get pretty frustrating trying to get the cable attached, lined up and the bolt started with trans fluid dripping down and very little working room lol. This all the while laying on your back.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
SCOTI

Finished installing the headliner trim. Waiting to get the sun visors back & then I can check that stuff off the list. Once that was done, I moved on to getting the door panels painted. Not sure if I'll run them permanently or if I'll get some new panels.

Next up.... the dash & related panels.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
TKCR

Took Big Red out for a spin Sunday afternoon. First time she's been out since last fall. Came back home and replaced the vapor canister finally, I've had it for about a month now.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #6
E.D.75GMC

New valve covers went on today
Attached Images

E.D.75GMC is offline   Reply With Quote