The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
davee60

T-case questions from a new guy

Hi All,

I apologize in advance if I'm asking something that's been covered in depth already, but I didn't find a definitive answer (or at least opinion). I recently acquired a 66 K10 Suburban and am in the process of planning a restomod type project. The truck has already been modified with some non-stock stuff, most notably 3/4 or 1 ton axles, so I'm not doing a period-correct restoration. My "vision" is something that I can use as a daily driver, so my current thinking is for an LS3 motor with a 4L80E trans.

The t-case looks to be the original Rockwell T221 (divorced), and I have already had it re-sealed once. I understand that they are prone to leaking, and parts may be difficult to come by. I'm considering whether to replace it with an NP205, in either divorced or married config. From what I gather, putting in the NP205 divorced would require new mounting brackets, and married would require an additional crossmember. Am I correct in these assumptions? Also, for each configuration, which would be the correct NP205 to use?

I've attached a pic of the truck. Thanks in advance for any advice you all can provide! This forum is a great resource and hopefully in the future I can contribute some useful info. Thanks again!
Attached Images

davee60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
padresag

Re: T-case questions from a new guy

putting in a divorced 205 is not a big problem. I used the same crossmember. I pulled mine from a 72 IHC scout and pulled all the mounting stuff with it. can't remember what I did but it went in with what I had. dodge also makes a passenger side drop; just that the yokes are oddball and you have to change them
supposedly everything from a d/side drop(ford) should fit in a pass/side drop case
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote