The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
Turbine Doc

New to this forum

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum but a veteran of many others, I found this forum via a Google search looking for info on speedo calibration for my 90 C1500 short box std cab with 4.3L & 5 spd that had 6 miles on it when I bought it.

It is still a daily driver for me she is getting a little tired but can still hold her own, engine was rebuilt 5 years ago when I passed it to my son in high school, now he's in college and needed a little better mpg he's swapped me with my old company lease car a 2008 Impala with the 3.8 V-6.

I've been a "gear head" for many years beginning back to 60s helping Dad wrench on his rides, then my own in the 70s.

I'm one of the few diehard GM 6.2/6.5 Diesel truck enthusiasts out there that can make them do what they were meant to do. I have a 98 C1500 6.5 Burb and a 98 K1500 EC truck, I'm also fluent with VW 1.9L TDI engines/vehicles.

My day job since 1980 has been proper care, feeding, and operation of aero-derivative gas turbines used in ship propulsion and power generation 1st in USN for 6 years, and then as a factory rep/engineer since 86 until now.

I'm not a hater of the lesser manufacturers I just prefer GM bred vehicles especially when it come to trucks.

Gautier MS as shown in location is on MS Gulf Coast in middle between Mobile AL and Biloxi MS right next to Pascagoula MS I'm a Katrina survivor (I didn't ride out the storm here) but picked up some special skills I never needed before following major disasters so I can help out with just about anything you want to know about that as well.

Looking forward to sharing with fellow GM enthusiasts.

Tim
Turbine Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:45 AM   #2
70LonghornCST

Re: New to this forum

Welcome to the site from California! We look forward to seeing pictures of your truck.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build