The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
Tys1972c10

help me build my 72 355 with vortec heads

newbie poster here. Great forum. Been a lurker for years. Finally signed up.

Well heres my build and expectationS and where i sit as of today.

1972 c10 2wd th350 auto 307 gears.

Street use only. Drive to work once in awhile. Even tow my boat some times just because i can. Ha

I plan on a stall from the performance shop here in town for $200 where they upgrade mine. Can do 2000 up to 2600 stall.

The gears won't be upgraded yet but i plan on a 3.73 posi down the road.

I took my 72 350 block to the machine shop. They went over it. Bored it .30 over

My 350 original crank they did a .10/.10 grind on. Using stock rods.

I ditched the 307 heads someone put on there and acquired a set of very clean and straight stock 98 vortec 64cc heads. My plans for them are new howards valve springs and a ghetto grind to achieve slightly more lift.

I have a new edelbrock 600 and will be ordering a edelbrock vortec swap intake as well.

Northern Auto Parts is 100 miles away from me and i have had great luck with them before. So I'm going to get my engine kit from them.

They offer a few different packages. Stock Street performance and a torque package.

http://www.northernautoparts.com/Products.cfm?CategoryId=76

I need help deciding which cam you guys think i should get. There's so many decisionS.

I have power brakes so i would like to have some vaccuum at least but yet i don't want to build this and down the road feel like i should have done something different and went with a bigger cam or what not.

Says ill have 9.5 to 1 compression ratio with my head piston setup on the flat tops.

I'd like to order today. Help this newbie. You can click the links and it gives you the package options.

I was leaning towards the stage 3 4x4 comp torque cam.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Tys1972c10 is offline   Reply With Quote