The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #1
Advanced Design

Amazon.com customer service

Living here in a rural area it is very convenient to order tools from Amazon.com. Over several years I've ordered quite a bit from them and recently decided to replace our old beat up battery charger.

Two days later the new one shows up. Pulled it out of the box and noticed a big dent on the front panel. There was no noticable impact damage on the box and Literature from the manufacturer stated if damaged to file a claim with the delivery service.

Since I don't like inconvenience, I figured I was going to have a dented battery charger. Just for giggles, I checked on Amazon.com, started a chat with a customer service representative, sent them this picture and 5 minutes later another charger was on the way....at no charge. No need to send the old one back. They apologized for the issue and noted I was a valued customer.

Wow, I was and still am amazed. Two days later brown truck shows up with the new charger. Pretty impressed! Assembling the new charger I did notice a dent on a lower side. Not worrying about it as it charges really well.

So, I will continue shopping on Amazon.com. They kept my business!
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
clinebarger

Re: Amazon.com customer service

Yep, As long as it is shipped & sold by Amazon, They will take care of any problem.

I live in a high crime urban area, I have had stuff stolen off my porch several times that USPS,UPS,FEDEX has left. Amazon ships out a replacement....No questions asked.

When I say "high crime", I mean the lazy, On welfare, No job, Drug addicted people around here that will steal anything "EASY".
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:44 AM   #3
truckster

I've been an Amazon Prime customer for several years. I have had several problems with products, and their customer service has been great to work with each time. The only complaint I have is they make finding a number or email address for customer service near impossible on the website.
truckster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #4
72bowtiestepper

Never had any prob. with Amazon....Also, their prices on vehicle parts are hard to beat & the free shipping is a bonus too. Recently got Moog chassis parts to rebuild my entire front end from them.
72bowtiestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
_Ogre

well... if it still works fine and you don't need 2 of the same chargers sell it to me for $100 shipped
hey, someone had to do it

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
Advanced Design

Thanks Ogre, I am giving it to one of the kids.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
_Ogre

oh snap!

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:54 PM   #8
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
oh snap!
well, I may not cut it as an Amazon customer service rep! Sorry Ogre! I did smile with your note...needed that.

Sounds like a lot of us have had good experiences. UPS dropped more off today and another delivery expected tomorrow.

Kind of amazing today with the delivery service we have. I can remember in the 1970's the only option we had here was to have parts shipped via Greyhound to the terminal in a town 40 miles away. Today UPS and FedEx stopped by.....yeah I know, easily impressed here in the sticks.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I really like Amazon, I've been a prime member for a few years. I have fire TV and I have their large size Kindle fire. I don't order a ton of stuff but the prime membership is well worth it because of all the stuff I get with it.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:01 AM   #10
swamp rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Living here in a rural area it is very convenient to order tools from Amazon.com. Over several years I've ordered quite a bit from them and recently decided to replace our old beat up battery charger.

Two days later the new one shows up. Pulled it out of the box and noticed a big dent on the front panel. There was no noticable impact damage on the box and Literature from the manufacturer stated if damaged to file a claim with the delivery service.

Since I don't like inconvenience, I figured I was going to have a dented battery charger. Just for giggles, I checked on Amazon.com, started a chat with a customer service representative, sent them this picture and 5 minutes later another charger was on the way....at no charge. No need to send the old one back. They apologized for the issue and noted I was a valued customer.

Wow, I was and still am amazed. Two days later brown truck shows up with the new charger. Pretty impressed! Assembling the new charger I did notice a dent on a lower side. Not worrying about it as it charges really well.

So, I will continue shopping on Amazon.com. They kept my business!
Yep same thing with a hose reel damaged in shipping, i explained how it was packaged ect, they had another one shipped out the next morning at no charge, and i had a return lable to print out and boxed up the old one and take it to the UPS drop off place for no charge.

The replacement was boxed the same way and was also a little damaged but not like the first so i kept it..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote