The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #1
bj383ss

Deluxe Heater ?

So I just restored my deluxe heater, put a new core in it, sealed it up, and reinstalled on my truck. I started working on the lever controls and was checking my notes to see where which cables went to what and I discovered my temperature control lever and door are missing on mine. So I know this will be hard item to find. Will my heater still work with out this? I read in the truck manual that the door helped mix outside air with heated air for temperature. So am I right assuming it will still work just be hot!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
Bears63
...just another truck junkie..

Re: Deluxe Heater ?

Correct, it will work but be hotter than Hades, especially in summer. It is actually hard to find a deluxe heater anymore that has the whole original setup. The heater cores have no provision for the old heater control valve. I have had many of these trucks that had that issue and they also had a valve added to the heater hose feeding the core to block it off in the summer so it wouldn't be so hot in the cab. Come winter you open the valve back up and go.