The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
Skunksmash

Burb seat adapter plates?

At long last, I'm finally getting ready to put these suburban bucket seats in my 87 single cab truck. However, I seem to be having some trouble finding the correct seat brackets for sale online. Let me say that I do not want to go to the junkyard and get some out of a burb. I've seen what all that entails, and I'm just not interested.

A few years back somebody posted a link to somewhere selling some little adapters for the seats. I just can't find that thread anywhere for the life of me.

All they are, is some little S-shaped (roughly) pieces of metal that will allow the burb bucket seats to fit in my single cab 87 chevy truck. You only need them for the front, you don't need any brackets for the back. I'm sure many of you here have heard of this seat swap before and will know what I'm referring to.
Skunksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:09 AM   #2
Rich84

Re: Burb seat adapter plates?

All you need is the front inner bracket from the Suburban..It's really not a big deal to remove them with a hammer and chisel. Took me about 15 minutes each one. Some times you can find them in the parts section or on E-Bay. The back tracks will have to be bent upward because the pickup floor is different then the Burb.

I do remember seeing those homemade ones somewhere...
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:45 AM   #3
Skunksmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich84 View Post
All you need is the front inner bracket from the Suburban..It's really not a big deal to remove them with a hammer and chisel. Took me about 15 minutes each one. Some times you can find them in the parts section or on E-Bay. The back tracks will have to be bent upward because the pickup floor is different then the Burb.

I do remember seeing those homemade ones somewhere...
Yeah I know some website was selling them... was it jegs? I just can't remember. IIRC it was posted up here on this website. I would have bought them but it was before I even decided to do this conversion.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:56 AM   #4
Skunksmash

bump
Old 05-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #5
KrazyRay

bigblock73 has a template to make homemade brackets. You might find it on a search in this forum.
KrazyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:45 AM   #6
Skunksmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyRay View Post
bigblock73 has a template to make homemade brackets. You might find it on a search in this forum.
Thanks!