The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
Gravityamp

My 69's mini me

I thought I would share a few pics of both my works in progress . I still need to find some decent rims for the little one , heck for both actually . lol
The little one is an RC car I modified to fit the body

Peace
Attached Images

Gravityamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
jjlett69

Re: My 69's mini me

That's frigging awesome! Looks exactly like your truck was photo shopped down!
“ A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein
jjlett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
Gravityamp

Not shopped , the only thing I played with was camera angles. The rc truck is a little over a foot long . Painted with the same paint I used on full sized truck .
Old 05-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
FrankenCub

Where did you find an RC truck with that body style ? I've spent so much time looking for a model of any scale '70-'72 GMC and have never found anything.
FrankenCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravityamp View Post
I thought I would share a few pics of both my works in progress . I still need to find some decent rims for the little one , heck for both actually . lol
The little one is an RC car I modified to fit the body
So, we had more in common than trucks, truck's colors (close), being "family" with The King, and just hanging out with our rides
in the Tower Car Show lot, huh?

I'm too lazy to go outside and take pics of the mini with RAT. Already put RAT to sleep for the day. So I just pasted some re-sized
shots of the mini.

I got the mini for, I think, $20 at the Arroyo Grande car show. When I saw this 71/72, I had to have it. And, strangely enough,
the mini was purchased when we'd decided on the color, but hadn't yet gone to paint jail.

Cool find. Yours is a better match. But this one's pretty close to RAT.
Attached Images

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 05-16-2015 at 06:06 PM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #6
Gravityamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenCub View Post
Where did you find an RC truck with that body style ? I've spent so much time looking for a model of any scale '70-'72 GMC and have never found anything.
The body is a Proline rc body that is clear lexan. I sliced and diced an old tyco drifter rc car that has been sitting in a box for years , I had to stretch the chassis an inch to get the wheel base right. then it was just a matter of mounting body to chassis . It was the only I have found that came close to the right size for the body, magwakeen's looks great ,it looks like the same body . I used my printer and some old printable label paper w/sticky back to make my grille . I sized it off of a pic I took of my truck and printed it out and stuck it on . lol It worked

I have also looked and the only model I have found is an old amt kit that is a GMC stepside and I have not found one of them for sale as of yet
Old 05-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
Gravityamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
So, we had more in common than trucks, truck's colors (close), being "family" with The King, and just hanging out with our rides
in the Tower Car Show lot, huh?

I'm too lazy to go outside and take pics of the mini with RAT. Already put RAT to sleep for the day. So I just pasted some re-sized
shots of the mini.

I got the mini for, I think, $20 at the Arroyo Grande car show. When I saw this 71/72, I had to have it. And, strangely enough,
the mini was purchased when we'd decided on the color, but hadn't yet gone to paint jail.

Cool find. Yours is a better match. But this one's pretty close to RAT.
I was there but didn't see you or the others around , I hung out for a bit in the lot hoping to meet you and the others .
Your mini looks killer , it looks like the same rc body . I just printed my own grille and used it instead of one of the two grilles that came with the body. I also used some of my spare touch up paint for my truck to paint it . You have great taste in color selection . Sometimes mine will turn a weird green color in certain light and it drives me nuts
Both of those trucks look great

Peace
Old 05-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #8
FrankenCub

Quote:
The body is a Proline rc body that is clear lexan. I sliced and diced an old tyco drifter rc car that has been sitting in a box for years , I had to stretch the chassis an inch to get the wheel base right. then it was just a matter of mounting body to chassis . It was the only I have found that came close to the right size for the body, magwakeen's looks great ,it looks like the same body . I used my printer and some old printable label paper w/sticky back to make my grille . I sized it off of a pic I took of my truck and printed it out and stuck it on . lol It worked

I have also looked and the only model I have found is an old amt kit that is a GMC stepside and I have not found one of them for sale as of yet
I never would have thought Proline had one, maybe I should have looked. I have several RC cars, in parts form lol. Might even still have my RC-10 in a box yet. Will have to look in storage for future use. As popular as the '67-'72 Chevy/GMC trucks are you'd think someone would produce a plastic model of them still. A friend and I used to buy 10 or so models at a time and build them on weekends. Good times.
FrankenCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:42 PM   #9
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
I was there but didn't see you or the others around , I hung out for a bit in the lot hoping to meet you and the others .
Your mini looks killer , it looks like the same rc body . I just printed my own grille and used it instead of one of the two grilles that came with the body. I also used some of my spare touch up paint for my truck to paint it . You have great taste in color selection . Sometimes mine will turn a weird green color in certain light and it drives me nuts
Both of those trucks look great
Kinda fun, huh?

Here are a bunch of shots of the Jada toy...1/24th. I should have cleaned it up a bit before I took the pics...But you get the idea.

Click on "Slideshow" (upper right area of the page) if you want to see them all fairly easily.

http://magwa.smugmug.com/Jada-50580-8-124th/

I can pick it to death for trim too thick, etc., etc., but that seems to take the fun away. I'm just glad I found it.
I think the hood, and most of the body and tailgate are aluminum. The interior, windows, undercarriage, and bed are all plastic.

My "Oops!" on confusing your nice truck with another nice silver one at the Tower show. King C-10's "Nephew" (in the pic) was
parked in the same lot as I was (The Concrete Truck).

His is in the first pic (black grill). Mine, in the second pic, was right across the lot from his.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you.
Attached Images

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 05-17-2015 at 12:00 AM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #10
Gravityamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Kinda fun, huh?

Here are a bunch of shots of the Jada toy...1/24th. I should have cleaned it up a bit before I took the pics...But you get the idea.

Click on "Slideshow" (upper right area of the page) if you want to see them all fairly easily.

http://magwa.smugmug.com/Jada-50580-8-124th/

I can pick it to death for trim too thick, etc., etc., but that seems to take the fun away. I'm just glad I found it.
I think the hood, and most of the body and tailgate are aluminum. The interior, windows, undercarriage, and bed are all plastic.

My "Oops!" on confusing your nice truck with another nice silver one at the Tower show. King C-10's "Nephew" (in the pic) was
parked in the same lot as I was (The Concrete Truck).

His is in the first pic (black grill). Mine, in the second pic, was right across the lot from his.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you.
Too cool that mini is too cool , great find for sure .
Likewise on meeting you,I should have hung out a while longer. There were a lot of sweet rides out there . My truck isn't show ready . although I did park about a block from where your truck was at so I almost had it in lol
I live on Olive like 3 miles west of 99 so the show was literally right down the street from me .