The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Green Defrost Vents & Visor Hooks

Original GM, absolutely no cracks, broken tabs or vent fins, drivers side has a very small rough spot on edge. D/S # 3895479 P/S # 3898682 Could use a better cleaning, just washed the dirt off. Sun visor hooks have some age dis-color but mount tabs intact. $36 shipped for all four items. Money order only, do not have Paypal. Please respond in thread, thanks.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
w314speed

Re: Green Defrost Vents & Visor Hooks

Very interested. What year are these out of and do you have the spid label # of interior green color?? Do you have any other mint green interior parts?
w314speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Ironhorse

Sorry but can't help on the SIPD label paint code. Got these and the visor hooks in a box of parts I acquired. I can say the vents and hooks appear to me to be a darker shade of green, definetly not a light color. Raining again today (tired of that, almost 8 1/2 inches in last week) so had to take the pics inside using artificial light which doesn't show shades of color very well. Sorry, not much help to your question I know.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 05-16-2015, 10:22 PM   #4
4X4GMC1972

I will take them if available.Thanks
Old 05-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
Ironhorse

SOLD to 4x4GMC1972 w314speed has not pulled the trigger on them with an "I'll take 'em" so they are yours. PM sent with payment info, thanks.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 05-17-2015, 06:04 AM   #6
w314speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
SOLD to 4x4GMC1972 w314speed has not pulled the trigger on them with an "I'll take 'em" so they are yours. PM sent with payment info, thanks.
JUST to clear the air. Be specific in your listing of the thread.

"Please respond in thread" is NOT "I'll take em" or First, "I'll take it" thread.

Thanks for letting me look! Dan
Old 05-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #7
Ironhorse

Just to "be specific" the phrase "I'll take it" implies singular or one only item. The phrase ''I'll take em" implies plural or multiple items which there were. 5 hours passed from the time you asked about the interior paint code from the SIPD label which I was unable to post due to not knowing exactly what truck the parts came from. Member 4x4GMC1972 responded he would take them if available which at the time he asked they were un-sold. Looks are always welcome but sales are the intended purpose to listing items.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 05-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #8
w314speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Just to "be specific" the phrase "I'll take it" implies singular or one only item. The phrase ''I'll take em" implies plural or multiple items which there were. 5 hours passed from the time you asked about the interior paint code from the SIPD label which I was unable to post due to not knowing exactly what truck the parts came from. Member 4x4GMC1972 responded he would take them if available which at the time he asked they were un-sold. Looks are always welcome but sales are the intended purpose to listing items.
Since, you didn't put in the thread the specific, the first, "I'll take it" (one price for all pieces), I assumed, as in all other threads that interest came with a pass time of more than 5 hours.

This will be a lesson for me and all others on your threads, that whether you put it in the thread properly, everything is with "I'll take it" and please stay logged in 24/7, if you ask any questions!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Its like a classified ad, whomever takes it first gets it. (At the sellers discretion of course)

nothing was done wrong here
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #10
w314speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Its like a classified ad, whomever takes it first gets it. (At the sellers discretion of course)

nothing was done wrong here
With 10 years of buying and selling, I have seen two types of classifieds. The standard items for sale, reply in thread, get in line with interest, questions and a "pass" on the purchase in a reasonable time most give 24 hours. The next, is the first, "I"ll take it" in the thread, don't ask any questions.

So, "At the sellers discretion", removes the organized selling to those that want more information. I assumed that the board rules for buying and selling were as stated above. I will review the boards rules.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

to make it simpler i will use this example.

I post a newspaper ad to sell my car, house, whatever.. someone calls me to ask a question. I return their call and get voicemail. The next call I return comes over with cash in hand and buys it. Was I suppose to wait for potential buyer number one to call back? Not by far.

With 10 years of selling at swap meets and owning a muscle car parts store (before online classifieds were a thing) and 13 years of working on this site, I have seen countless deals worked out. I have missed out on a bunch myself. However, I would never expect someone hold something for me when I ask a question.

Feel free to PM Josh or myself with any questions on the rules when you review them. We are very familiar with them and the guidelines and would be more than happy to answer and questions you may have. Typing on cel, sorry about any typos or oddness.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote