The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
klownkar

Body Mod

This is my first time starting a post on here, so please forgive me if I do something wrong. I came across this truck the other day. The top portion of the cab appears to be from an 88-98 c/k truck. Does anyone have any information on this truck and hopefully the mod. I love the look of the truck and am okay with doing some heavy mods, but do not want to get in too deep. Also, want to have something that is a bit different.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
tommys72

Re: Body Mod

That actually looks like it belongs there...I'm a fan of the original lines, but...that's looks really good!

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #3
truckster

Do you have any more pictures from other angles? It's hard to tell from the one picture, but it looks like the windshield may be flush-mounted.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
BigMike

Here ya go. Been following this build, early C10 sheet metal on a later model. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=624964
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #5
colin_havens

That is Howie Kendrick's C10, built by Chassis by Aaron. It was featured back in 2010 on the cover of Trucking magazine, in bare metal and once finished. Here are some links for ya:

http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-truck...967-chevy-c10/

http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-truck...967-chevy-c10/
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #6
68shortwide

Ah.. "The Show". I remember reading about this before I even had an interest in these. Pretty badass truck, and Aaron's shop has got some talent goin on.
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #7
tommys72

Awesome truck

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:48 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

It's a good idea for a cab with rotted roofline. Otherwise,IMO, why mess with timeless perfection. Aren't most drawn to these for their great body style? For that matter, the 88-98 style is another great style. It's cool to see a well execution custom job like this. Just would suck to see the floodgates open and start seeing dozens follow suit. Not so custom when you copy cat anyway. That's what I appreciate about custom bodies, the mind it took to create it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
cooperhw

Bump to follow along on this bad boy.

Makes my little slice and dice job look likes "childs play" comparatively.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #10
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Hmmm, that would blend nicely with the 88-98 fiberglass toppers
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #11
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownkar View Post
This is my first time starting a post on here, so please forgive me if I do something wrong. I came across this truck the other day. The top portion of the cab appears to be from an 88-98 c/k truck. Does anyone have any information on this truck and hopefully the mod. I love the look of the truck and am okay with doing some heavy mods, but do not want to get in too deep. Also, want to have something that is a bit different.
Very nice truck but if you go in that direction the water gets really deep really quick and the only thing that can bail you out are very deep pockets.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #12
klownkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
Do you have any more pictures from other angles? It's hard to tell from the one picture, but it looks like the windshield may be flush-mounted.
Unfortunately, that is the only picture I have ever seen of the truck.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #13
klownkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Here ya go. Been following this build, early C10 sheet metal on a later model. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=624964
Holy cow!! That is some amazing work.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #14
klownkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Very nice truck but if you go in that direction the water gets really deep really quick and the only thing that can bail you out are very deep pockets.
AFter looking at the thread that was shared I think I need to learn to scuba.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:40 PM   #15
BigMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
^ Agree 100% We all see them, customs that got too crazy and the owners giving up on them. If they are lucky a guy with talent can buy them and finish them, but more times than not they are so butchered that they get parted and then crushed. I have seen more than my share of projects that went to the scrappers because the project got too difficult, ran out of &&& or just lost interest because after several years it is still sitting in the garage collecting dust...or in the elements collecting rust!

Unless you have the talent, the $$$$$$ (or more), the time and motivation, stay within your abilities. Now I am all for doing something outside the box, just make sure it can be finished and not wind up another casualty of big eyes but nothing else. It always helps if you have a buddy or family member with mad skills that can help you out of a jamb.

On a side note: Hey Tim, did ya get the taillight decals yet?
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #16
Elliot949

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownkar View Post
I love the way they "pancaked" the hood...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #17
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
^ Agree 100% We all see them, customs that got too crazy and the owners giving up on them. If they are lucky a guy with talent can buy them and finish them, but more times than not they are so butchered that they get parted and then crushed. I have seen more than my share of projects that went to the scrappers because the project got too difficult, ran out of &&& or just lost interest because after several years it is still sitting in the garage collecting dust...or in the elements collecting rust!

Unless you have the talent, the $$$$$$ (or more), the time and motivation, stay within your abilities. Now I am all for doing something outside the box, just make sure it can be finished and not wind up another casualty of big eyes but nothing else. It always helps if you have a buddy or family member with mad skills that can help you out of a jamb.

On a side note: Hey Tim, did ya get the taillight decals yet?
Well there you go, you dun did it. Said "EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING BUT WAS TRYING NOT TO SAY OUT LOUD".
I first started reading the post and saw where they were "taking it to SEMA that year". I said to myself "good luck". Then jumped to the end to where job lost, project stalled, or at least slowed, looks like the builder is out now from what I see.
Too bad. Very nice work on the frame and the body has the potential to be VERY COOL.
My Dad used to call it "My eyes were bigger that my stomach". Well he was talking about food. Nowadays it's "My dreams were bigger than my wallet". Now don't get me wrong. I have a tendency to lean that direction myself, but to date, I just keep plodding along and push them over the finish line, eventually, sometimes with a for sale sign in place.
I know "We All" give similar advice to guys diving in for the first time. I am sure this truck owner now has "his own advice to give to anyone who asks". That's how we learn.
Hopefully he will be able to finish this bad boy one day. it deserves to hit the road again and be a truck.

Last edited by cooperhw; 06-04-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: addition
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote