The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2015, 02:35 AM   #1
josueh95

pasecetter FBody headers on 76 c10 (pics)

jst thought id share my recent mod, i bought these brand new armor coated headers made for fbody ls1 on ls1tech.com for 275, did not need to do any work to the frame to clear them, the only thing i will need to do is have the exhaust shot cut and point the collector twards the center because it points to the frame rail, other than that im satisfied with these headers, i will add more pics tomarrow
Posted via Mobile Device
josueh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: pasecetter FBody headers on 76 c10 (pics)

That looks great !!! The collector on mine angled toward the frame rail to so I cut it loose at the welded seam and rotated it to be in line with the frame and rewelded..I also cut off those egr flanges and welded patches over the holes.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
cableguy0

As long as they aren't dead ended into the frame a decent exhaust shop should be able to get them to work as is. If you start cutting/welding and disturb the coating it will pop off completely. I would try my hardest to built the exhaust to fit the headers. I usually build from the flange back. So I would bolt up a blank flange and get the pipe to clear then weld everything together. Angles as long as they are smooth don't hurt exhaust flow much. Cutting the end of the pipe on an angle and then putting in a slight bend will clear most obstacles.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Guess I should have added mine are stainless so I didn't have to worry about a coating.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote