The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
Bowtiguy

Is it me, or does CPP return policy stink?

WOW!

"Return Policy: All returns must be accompanied by a copy of the original Invoice. No returns accepted after 30 days. No returns on special orders, electrical parts, installed or altered parts. A 20% restocking fee applies to correctly shipped items that are returned within 30 days. Restocking fee will be waived if return is accompanied by a new order with a value of $25.00 more than the returned order. NO EXCEPTIONS!"

Last edited by Bowtiguy; 06-09-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
WarMonger

Re: Is it me, or does CPP return policy stink?

that does stink.
1970 C20
-_--_--_- ______
_--_--_- /___|__\____
-_--_-_ |_(0)|__|_(0)]
1972 K5
WarMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
cdowns

Pretty normal mail order policy i say buy local and know what u need b4 getting it instead of makin yourself a costly pain that u expect somebody to pay your freight
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
67chevemall

CPP is a joke! Dead to me.
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
bs46488

A little off topic....but, when I was trying to get my truck rolling again I went crazy ordering parts. Summit (Nevada), Jegs (Ohio), Ebay, and then 1 item from CPP.

The summit stuff was here in less than 24 hours, Jegs and most of the ebay stuff was 2 days. CPP took 4 or 5 days, plus factor in a weekend with no deliveries.

The funny part is...I live in San Diego. Google says that CPP is like 90 something miles from my door, yet they took the longest.
bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
leddzepp

I buy at the counter...no problems here.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #7
Bowtiguy

For comparisons sake, here is Brothers return policy.

"RETURN MERCHANDISE
BROTHERS guarantees all the merchandise in this catalog to be free from defects in material or workmanship. BROTHERS will replace any defective products. If you have received a defective part we ask that you contact BROTHERS within 30 days of receiving that item. Refunds or Credits created for non-defective merchandise are subject to a 20% restocking fee. If you have received a product and you are simply unsatisfied, contact BROTHERS, we will give you a number authorizing you to return the item. Each returned item must be in or accompanied by its' original packaging and be in unused condition. Be sure to package return merchandise equal to or better than you received it. Damaged returns will be refused at BROTHERS and delivered back to you. All returns sent by C.O.D. will be refused at the time of delivery to BROTHERS. Returned products will be processed faster if accompanied by the invoice they appear on. BROTHERS will not accept the following items to be returned for any reason: Literature, Truck Freight items (fenders, hoods, etc..), Wiring Harnesses, Interior items that have been incorrectly installed, etc... "

Last edited by Bowtiguy; 06-09-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #8
Bowtiguy

AND...LMC

Their 20% doesn't kick in until after 1 year from purchase date.

These guys have been the fastest shipping to me in Colorado.

Returns Policy

What You Need to Know Before Returning:
1.If only we lived in a perfect world! Unfortunately, we don’t, and things can go wrong. When that happens, we do our best to try to make things right again. But we need your help as well.
2.All returns must be in like new condition and in the original packaging. Please include a copy of your invoice, as that will make the process quick and easy.
3.We refund your payment the same way you paid. Refunds of less than $1 will not be made except by customer request.
4.We can’t be responsible for damages, so please package your returned items carefully.
5.If you can ship the item back to us UPS or USPS within the 48 contiguous states, you don’t need to call for authorization.
Just send it to us at: 14600 W. 107th Street, Lenexa, KS 66215
6.If we shipped you the wrong item, send it back, and we’ll send the right item and reimburse you the UPS ground rate for your return.
7.We can’t accept anything that has been installed (unsuccessful attempts do count), disassembled, drilled, welded, cut, painted, or modified in any way, so please make sure to check and double check the fit before starting any work.
8.If you are returning a kit, it needs to contain all the parts you received. No partial kits may be returned.
9.Electronic media (CDs, DVDs) cannot be refunded once they are opened. However, if it is not working properly, it can be exchanged for the same part number.
10.Please call our customer service line for a return authorization if your part was delivered outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
11.If you want to return something you bought over a year ago, please call our customer service line for return authorization.
12.You must call Customer Service when returning a Truck Freight item.
Customer Service Line: (800) 562-8782
13.A 20% non-refundable restocking fee will be added to anything that’s over a year old (unless the extended manufacturer warranty is still in effect, of course) as well as to any unauthorized Truck Freight returns.
14.And the legal part again: We have the right to refuse any return we deem unfit for resale. We also have the right to refuse any shipments where the shipping charges, duties, customs, etc., are not prepaid.
15.We will not accept C.O.D. returns.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #9
cdowns

Somebody would be a real dimwit to not order from those tho and to forsake the return policey and to buy from the least favorable

dont you think
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #10
leftybass209

LMC, CPP, and Brothers are among the most controversial carriers of 67-72 truck parts, some might say.... least favorable.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #11
hotrodder

Thumbs up Re: Is it me, or does CPP return policy stink?

I ordered a pair of dropped spindles and the ones I received were wrong. Called CCP and explained the problem. The lady took the info, sent a pick-up tag, and the correct parts. no problem.Had the parts in three days.
hotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote