The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-04-2003, 03:53 PM   #1
68-Mike

V8 in a '52

Hey guys,

What's all involved with installing a 350 in a 3/4T '52? Currently has a I6 in it.

Thanks,
Mike
‘77 Chevy C-20 Camper Special
‘68 C-10

Shopping for a 69-72 4x4 Blazer or Jimmy
68-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:25 AM   #2
TooMany2count
Who's in CHARGE??????????

this is what I have done to a 54 chevy p/u, but i changed everything, dont know if you want to keep the stick or not but I advise you not too,cause its too much hassle and most likely could be THE WEAK LINK, in my on oppion. You'll need a motor, transmission, motor mount cross member, trans crossmember, drive shaft, rearend, spring pads, u-bolts, automatic floor shifter, unless you change the streering box then you use a column shifter, I would get a new radiator also for the V8 because of the age & size of the stock one. I'm sure ther may be some small things you may need but this is the bulk of it. Everything is basicly a bolt in & its not something you'll do over a weekend, unlees you have a rocket up your butt or a LOTTT of friends that have nothing better to doo over a 48 hr period......joe
Donate Blood,Plasma,Platelets & sign your DONORS CARD & SAVE a LIFE
TooMany2count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
Marty Gable
Still working on the COE

If your really interested... i have put a stock 305 in a 50 chev many years ago, kept the stock 4 speed in place, smashed down the transmission/bell housing mounts slightly to use the early 60's chev pu bell housing (the angles are different ) there is better ways of modifiying that area then what i did, used front motor mounts like the tri-fives did on the small block but to use the stock column you have to space out the column about 1 inch for clearance of the exhaust! I used a 1x2 piece of steel tubing. Dont forget to change out bulbs if its 6 volt! The Radiator worked fine if you are careful, they dont hold much pressure, if you want you could look for a 55 and newer truck radiator that used a v-8 but the holes will be a little different, on my 47 i used a chrysler radiator and turned it sideways to get a cross flow, (moved the inlet and outlets and fill area of course), any other questions just ask, have been playing with them for over 20 years. Good Luck!
Attached Images

Marty Gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 12:38 PM   #4
68-Mike

Thanks.

Thanks for the info, Marty.

What color is your truck painted? Looks great!

Mike
‘77 Chevy C-20 Camper Special
‘68 C-10

Shopping for a 69-72 4x4 Blazer or Jimmy
68-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote