The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
J1MMY

Recommended vendors for panels/repair panels?

I was going to order some panels from LMC but after reading some off putting stories regarding quality and customer service I'm thinking I need to shop around. Where do you guys get patch panels, fenders etc?
Old 07-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #2
NJ C10 Guy

Re: Recommended vendors for panels/repair panels?

Although I have never bought any, I have researched them in the past because I had considered it. It seems as though you're never really going to get perfect panels, and LMC uses several vendors from what I remember, so you may end up with a great piece one time and a not so good one the next. From what I remember most people said they needed to alter their panels in one way or another to obtain proper fitment. I say go with a reputable vendor and if one's a couple bucks cheaper or if they are a forum sponsor, use them. Just my $.02
NJ C10 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #3
andrewmp6

Yeah look around our vendors see who can get you a better deal.Or if you want used oem stuff talk to member 1774btcrew hes a vendor that sells good used parts and some nos stuff for these trucks.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

there is a vendor on here Chris Lucas also known as CaptKaos he also runs the site 73-87.com IIRC I have consistently bought products from him and have never been disappointed

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #5
tucsonjwt

If you can get used rust free sheet metal that is always the best. In the desert southwest these parts are still available. Shipping is usually prohibitive though.

All aftermarket sheet metal I have seen has been much thinner that OEM parts and the alignment is usually not very good - OK if you are not too particular and are willing to fiddle with installation and don't require a perfect fit.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #6
J1MMY

Thank you for the advice.

Shipping is not necessarily a problem as there are hot rod shop businesses over here who will sell container space at reasonable prices so something like a fender would not be too bad. I will have a look for good used and see where else I can get repair panels.