The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

1964 C10 front shock mount pictures

Does anyone have a good picture of the front stock mounted shocks on a 64 C10? Also, what size hardware did you use?

Thank you.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #2
LT1 Burb

Re: 1964 C10 front shock mount pictures

I don't know if this helps or not.
Attached Images

LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #3
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 Burb View Post
I don't know if this helps or not.
Thank you. That is exactly what I am looking for. Did you buy a new hardware kit for the install? If so, were did you get it?
Old 07-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
LT1 Burb

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO View Post
Thank you. That is exactly what I am looking for. Did you buy a new hardware kit for the install? If so, were did you get it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
LT1 Burb

I used my existing upper mounts , some shocks do come with new hardware.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #6
Reyals Bemus

This probably complicates the issue and isn't very helpful, but this is what I did for my '64. Relocated shocks make all the difference! These relocation brackets I fabricated and installed on my '64 are made out of 3/16" cold sheet steel with some gussets welded in, nothing crazy. Fastens to the frame with 1/2" bolts. These move the shocks up and out which nets a huge improvement in front end control. Dunno what your plans were. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Reyals Bemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:43 AM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I am curious what length shocks you used and with what springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyals Bemus View Post
This probably complicates the issue and isn't very helpful, but this is what I did for my '64. Relocated shocks make all the difference! These relocation brackets I fabricated and installed on my '64 are made out of 3/16" cold sheet steel with some gussets welded in, nothing crazy. Fastens to the frame with 1/2" bolts. These move the shocks up and out which nets a huge improvement in front end control. Dunno what your plans were. Just thought I'd throw this out there.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE

Last edited by Captainfab; 07-07-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:54 AM   #8
Reyals Bemus

Stock length shocks (in this case, Bilstein #24-192941) and 2" drop springs from ECE. Of course, the truck is on the lift in these pics. The reason why stock shocks still fit well is because you've basically moved the upper mounting point upward and outward, rotating it about the lower mount. Standing up the shock has made a dramatic felt increase in dampening control. Actually surprised myself.

I originally noticed Hotchkis selling very similar brackets as part of their more comprehensive (and expensive) suspension kits. I inquired to see if I could purchase just the brackets by themselves, but was told they weren't available separately. So I fabbed up a pair.

Last edited by Reyals Bemus; 07-06-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Reyals Bemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #9
YatYas

those are sweet. Do you have measurements for the brackets you made and where you placed them on the frame? Id like to duplicate those also.
YatYas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #10
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Stock length shocks (in this case, Bilstein #24-192941) and 2" drop springs from ECE. Of course, the truck is on the lift in these pics. The reason why stock shocks still fit well is because you've basically moved the upper mounting point upward and outward, rotating it about the lower mount. Standing up the shock has made a dramatic felt increase in dampening control. Actually surprised myself.

I originally noticed Hotchkis selling very similar brackets as part of their more comprehensive (and expensive) suspension kits. I inquired to see if I could purchase just the brackets by themselves, but was told they weren't available separately. So I fabbed up a pair.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #11
63burban
Chevy addict

Quote:

I also would be interested in dimensions on the mount you made. Thank you
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote