The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
toddoky

79 C20 in Bowling Green, KY

Hello guys. I've been wanting to sign up on this site for a while and feel I can add some value as a fellow squarebody owner (I've had three of them now) and as a representative of my employer who is a new advertiser here, Holley Performance Products.

I am the design engineer responsible for development of all the Hooker LS swap products, so you'll notice me posting information about the new Hooker and Holley LS swap components for 73-87 2wd trucks over the next couple of days as well as posting info about and asking questions regarding my personal current truck project (79 C20) from here going forward.

I engage with users on quite a few other forums, but I think this will quickly become my favorite site to visit as squarebodies have always been near and dear to me.

I look forward to being able to contribute to this community and to learn some things myself.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
Advanced Design

Re: 79 C20 in Bowling Green, KY

Welcome toddoky! Interesting position you have with Holley. I've noticed their swap products for the truck line and think it is a great idea. Perhaps the product line will be expanded to include the 67 to 72 trucks at some point?

Looking forward to your contributions and participation.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Welcome toddoky! Interesting position you have with Holley. I've noticed their swap products for the truck line and think it is a great idea. Perhaps the product line will be expanded to include the 67 to 72 trucks at some point?

Looking forward to your contributions and participation.
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. Yes, I enjoy the work for the most part and with the release of the 73-87 system of parts we're starting to get some real depth to the LS swap applications we offer parts for. I would really like to do the 67-72 trucks as well and there are other fans of those trucks here too, so hopefully they'll end up on my to-do list in the future. I'm wrapping up development on 3rd and 4th gen F-body LS swap systems now and will be starting A-body swap development next week, but there's nothing on the schedule yet beyond that, so perhaps there's a chance to slip the early truck in before the end of the year.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
indymachinist

I hope there is time to slip in a 67-72 truck. I have a nice stock 68 truck you can use to mock up and fit new parts on if you leave them in there when you are done.
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
I hope there is time to slip in a 67-72 truck. I have a nice stock 68 truck you can use to mock up and fit new parts on if you leave them in there when you are done.
Send me a PM with some more specific information on your truck and I'll see if I can put it to good use. We always provide free parts in exchange for borrowing vehicles, so you would get your wish if something came together.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
Advanced Design

Very cool toddoky! Folks here really like to support vendors who are involved.

Good luck with the A body development. Is that Chevelle or...? A good friend has a 65 Tempest wagon he is swapping soon. Will your parts support his effort?
Old 08-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #7
toddoky

Quote:
Very cool toddoky! Folks here really like to support vendors who are involved.

Good luck with the A body development. Is that Chevelle or...? A good friend has a 65 Tempest wagon he is swapping soon. Will your parts support his effort?
I enjoy getting forum members involved, so it's mutual. Yes, the development will be for the 68-72 A-bodies out of the gate, so the parts won't apply to any earlier A-bodies
Old 08-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #8
Advanced Design

Thanks, when you start posting any swap work with your 79, please put a link in your signature as I would enjoy following along.

Also, we've been impressed with the Holley accessory mounting brackets. A friend is using them on two LS swaps he is doing know and I will be looking at them for my 48 Burb build.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #9
toddoky

Quote:
Thanks, when you start posting any swap work with your 79, please put a link in your signature as I would enjoy following along.

Also, we've been impressed with the Holley accessory mounting brackets. A friend is using them on two LS swaps he is doing know and I will be looking at them for my 48 Burb build.
Glad you like the Holley brackets, the oil pans work well also. I will post a link in my sig once I start back up on the project in the fall.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:59 PM   #10
indymachinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
Send me a PM with some more specific information on your truck and I'll see if I can put it to good use. We always provide free parts in exchange for borrowing vehicles, so you would get your wish if something came together.

I shot you a PM.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote