The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
forestb

Lubracating polyplus bushings

What kind of grease should I use to lubracate polyplus bushings for my trailing arms.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
Boedean1981

Re: Lubracating polyplus bushings

Since it's a poly bushing, you're going to have to grease it. It won't twist like the original rubber bushings do. It's really better to use rubber bushings. I personally would not use poly bushings.*
But, since you have those, if they didn't include poly bushing grease, you'll need to get some of the special grease to use with those bushings. If you don't, they will squeak. Not just any grease will do. You need poly bushing grease like this:*
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-9-11104/ove r...*. You need to take the bushings apart and grease them thoroughly with that stuff before you install them, if you want them to stay quiet. Also you'll have to tighten them securely once the car is back on the ground with the weight on the suspension. Those bushings will tend to loosen up, so you will have to check them from time to time for tightness.*
Here is some more advice about poly bushings:*
http://www.polybushings.com/pages/bushinglube.html
Boedean1981 is offline   Reply With Quote