The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
MCB Matt

NEW - Plug and Play Cruise Control kits for LS Drive by Wire - by Dakota Digital

It doesn't get much easier to add the cruise control function available to you through your use of a Drive By Wire throttle body!

Please give us a call or PM for your introductory price on this kit and to discuss any details.

Direct plug-in cruise control for GM LS drive-by-wire engines, the CRC-1000 accepts CAN-bus data and is compatible with any aftermarket control switch configuration. The CRC-1000 plugs directly into your OEM LS throttle pedal for not only simple installation, but reliable operation and connectivity

The CRC-1000 obtains its information from the included diagnostic connector and throttle pedal connections, allowing an extremely simple installation for drive-by-wire GM CAN bus V8 applications from 2006 - current (and 2005 Corvette / GTO).

Your choice of switch/turn signal level is supplied. Inputs for power, ground, and a connection to your existing brake light switch are all that is required. Additionally, an output is provided for a cruise-on indicator.

925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
MCB Matt

Re: NEW - Plug and Play Cruise Control kits for LS Drive by Wire - by Dakota Digital

Summer Sales still alive! They will run through August.

Thank you all for your business
MCB
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
MCB Matt

Re: NEW - Plug and Play Cruise Control kits for LS Drive by Wire - by Dakota Digital

TGIF!!!

Summer sales are coming to a close soon, please let us know what you are shopping for and we will give you an end date for that particular sale.

Happy Friday to all, enjoy your weekend and thank you for doing business with us, we appreciate it.

MCB
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
jessemthompson

with my setup I have a gen 4 5.3 dbw and Dakota vhx gauges. I am running my gauges off of a CAN BUS. Is there any other way to make this kit work?
Old 10-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #5
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemthompson View Post
with my setup I have a gen 4 5.3 dbw and Dakota vhx gauges. I am running my gauges off of a CAN BUS. Is there any other way to make this kit work?
Interested in the answer to this also.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
MCB Matt

What year motors are you guys running? The system is designed for CAN BUS systems. The "T" connector shown in the pic up top needs to match with the connector on your pedal, then the system will work.

Let me know and we will get you guys figured out.
Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #7
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
What year motors are you guys running? The system is designed for CAN BUS systems. The "T" connector shown in the pic up top needs to match with the connector on your pedal, then the system will work.

Let me know and we will get you guys figured out.
Thanks
Matt
Matt - we're talking about Gen IV setups that don't have a separate Tach module and the ECM has to interface with cruise control the. He's using the Dakota Digital BIM-001 module that also plugs into the OBDII port and supplies information to the gauges. The question we have is, can you plug both the BIM-001 module and the Cruise Control module in at the same time?
Old 10-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
MCB Matt

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Yes, when using the BIM-01 module, you just use a "Y" adapter for OBDII ports. They are available everywhere online for about $10. Amazon is a good on for them.

That is all you need and the system will work excellent. It also gives you a great setup for diagnostics. You can leave the gauge system connected and still run a scanner by unplugging the cruise off the "Y"

Let me know if you guys have any other questions on the kit.
Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #9
Hart_Rod

Matt - I just went through the Cruise Control instructions, http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/650541_CRC-1000.pdf. You don't have to use the plug for the OBDII port, you can hardwire cruise control into your existing harness. I still have concerns that you will be able to have the CC hardwired and still be able to plug the gauges into the OBDII port. I had a similar situation on my setup, that would only let one thing at a time work when plugged into the OBDII port.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #10
MCB Matt

I just spoke to Dakota about it. I had asked for a way to hard wire the system and he told me it will not work, the OBD port must be used. The Y adapter will easily allow you to plug in the dash and cruise at the same time. Installs have been done and up and running this way. It is how they designed the system.

I am just going off what they tell me. What is your concern with the Y adapter?

Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #11
Hart_Rod

Quote:
I just spoke to Dakota about it. I had asked for a way to hard wire the system and he told me it will not work, the OBD port must be used. The Y adapter will easily allow you to plug in the dash and cruise at the same time. Installs have been done and up and running this way. It is how they designed the system.

I am just going off what they tell me. What is your concern with the Y adapter?

Thanks
Matt
The "Y" adapter is for the pedal, not the OBDII port.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #12
MCB Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
The "Y" adapter is for the pedal, not the OBDII port.
No, you need to purchase a Y adapter for the OBDII port. Here is a link and a pic of what you need:

Amazon.com: Xseries Auto ™ OBDII Splitter Y... Amazon.com: Xseries Auto ™ OBDII Splitter Y...

Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #13
MCB Matt

Or if you want a 90...

Amazon.com: Diageng Ultra Low Profile Left or... Amazon.com: Diageng Ultra Low Profile Left or...
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #14
Hart_Rod

Quote:
No, you need to purchase a Y adapter for the OBDII port. Here is a link and a pic of what you need:

Amazon.com: Xseries Auto ™ OBDII Splitter Y Cable, J1962M to 2-J1962F, 1ft: Automotive

Thanks
Matt

I thought you were talking about the "y" in the kit. I purchased one of the OBDII "y'" and my HPTuners scanner would not work if the gauges were plugged in. Now this was a year ago, maybe they made some changes to the BIM-001 module?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #15
MCB Matt

They BIM-01 was redone about a year ago to the smaller physical size, do you know if you have the BIM-01-1 or BIM-01-2?

Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #16
Hart_Rod

Quote:
They BIM-01 was redone about a year ago to the smaller physical size, do you know if you have the BIM-01-1 or BIM-01-2?

Thanks
Matt
I'll have to check when I get home Matt. And I apologize for clogging your thread, just want to make sure all the pieces will work together.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #17
MCB Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I'll have to check when I get home Matt. And I apologize for clogging your thread, just want to make sure all the pieces will work together.
No problem. I fully understand where you are coming from. Dakota is very good with tech support, give them a call if need be to go over the details. We don't always get data on every change made to their systems. They are a great company with great products worth investing in.

Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #18
jessemthompson

Good info, I am interested in buying the kit if it will work with the Y adapter off of the OBD port. I had concerns that only one or the other would work. I do have the updated bim box from Dakota. Can you pm me a price on the kit?
Old 10-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #19
MCB Matt

Quote:
Good info, I am interested in buying the kit if it will work with the Y adapter off of the OBD port. I had concerns that only one or the other would work. I do have the updated bim box from Dakota. Can you pm me a price on the kit?
Sure, PM on the way
Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 10-20-2015, 07:47 AM   #20
jessemthompson

One last question to benefit the group. A lot of us guys who have done our swaps used the corvette pedal which required 2 wires to be repinned. Can you get info on if that will effect the kit.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #21
MCB Matt

Quote:
One last question to benefit the group. A lot of us guys who have done our swaps used the corvette pedal which required 2 wires to be repinned. Can you get info on if that will effect the kit.
Yes, you would need to re-pin the Dakota harness to match. They are just going to say it won't work, but if you think about it... Why wouldn't it! This is just my opinion...

Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 12-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #22
MCB Matt

Happy Friday to all, TGIF!

We still have a lot of Holiday Specials running now through the end of the year. Contact us with your needs and we will work out a great deal, no matter what the items may be

Thanks again for your support and an amazing Black Friday sale response!
MCB
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 12-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #23
MCB Matt

Happy Monday to everyone! We hope you all had a great holiday with the family.

We still have holiday specials running on the entire line of products we carry! Just let us know what you are after and we will get you a great price. Beat the 2016 price increases too!

Thanks again to everyone who has done business with us throughout the year, it has been great working with all of you!
MCB
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Closed Thread