The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
truckin 79

Random questions about 79 Truck

1. I want to put power steering in my 79 that currently has a manual box. Well I bought a ps pump and steering box from a 73 truck. I see LMC as diferent boxes listed for 73-76 and 77-79. What is the reason for break on years of boxes?

2.I have dual tanks on truck and the drivers side is a metal rusty POS. What is the best way to cap off lines running from one tank to the other?. I want to take out the rusty mess and replace it in the future just not now.

3. Exhaust manifold stove heat riser on passenger side. This things starts in the closed position right? Well it does not seem to be opening up when truck warms up, causing a rich condition with carb. It shouldn't hurt anything switching the vacuum canister to manifold vacuum right

4.Who make LMC bumpers? I need to find a counting kit for it. I had a rusty(get the theme with this truck RUSTY all over) black diamond plate bumper on it but the rear brackets do not line up with the LMC bumper. I has hoping to find one locally instead of ordering bumper mounting kit from LMC

5. What is the correct q-jet carb # for a 79 350 2 drive with a th400? The carb on it now does not have a primary choke vacuum pod. The part in red is not there, is this correct for truck or not?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
willem445

Re: Random questions about 79 Truck

When I removed my passenger side tank to clean it up I used a 2 pins and shoved it in the hose that connects directly to the tank and then just put the hose clamps over it.

Worked great, didnt have any leaking and truck still ran fine with it plugged.
willem445 is offline   Reply With Quote