The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
64shortbed

Question for you guys with LS motors

I put this here because it is for the 64 GMC. When you put your LS/Vortec motors in and used the 63-66 factory engine mounts did you have to move them forward to the front? I have a 350 in it right now and the mounts are in the factory spots. But looking at the frame they can be moved forward looks like about an inch. I'm asking because i have a 06 5.3L DBW with 4L60E i'm going to be putting in my 64 GMC. The other question i have is did you have to modify the floor of you pickup (low hump) to make clearence for the trans? And last question is just for looks. My harness is a stock harness i'm cutting down to make stand alone harness. Where or how did you mount the computer? And ideas or help? Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Re: Question for you guys with LS motors

I used the POL Motor Perches with SBC mounts. I got the stock perches to work but they were a real pain to get the fasteners in there also the motor sat lower than I thought was ok. I had to trim the top of the frame on each side to mount the POL perches but that wasnt difficult, also I used the two furthest back holes and I didnt have to trim anything else even the trans hump. I mounted my computer to the core support, drivers side.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
64shortbed

I thought about those but i can get the rubber mount though work cheap enough. And i have some extra factory motor mounts. I thought of cutting the side lips and bending down then drilling a hole and welding in a piece of pipe to convert the factory mounts to the bolt through mounts. I guess if i mess them up they were just extra ones lol.

And thanks for the info. I didnt know if they set farther back or not.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:50 PM   #4
mooseknuckles

I used the small block engine stands from my '67 in my '63 gmc because it had a 305v6...with big block poly mounts, and trans dapt adapter plates.. the stands are in the rear most hole but they should be moved ahead an inch or so because the stock drive shaft is a little too tight for length. and the valve covers are close to the firewall.. I'm running a 5.3/700r4 with stock low hump. PSI harness with pcm mounted behind the glove box..
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #5
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
rear most hole
Your alive! I feel like I haven't seen you post in a while. Maybe I'm just crazy

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote