The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
tigerburns

Glove Box Help

Hey guys...I am trying to find out if anybody might have any suggestions for fastening my glove box door back to the dash. Currently there are two mismatched screws on either side which do not hold it in. I have ordered new bushings for the dash side from LMC, but they don't even fit the holes very well.

Does anybody have any schematics or pictures of how it is supposed to look? How does the door fasten to the hinge?

Also, the bushing shown in the photo in the side of the door, is not present on the other side; it's just a square hole.
Attached Images

tigerburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
scanman

Re: Glove Box Help

The plastic bushings go between the glovebox door & frame where the holes are. Do a thread search at top of this web site under 67-72trucks and it should bring up some pics for you. That hole you show with the bushing in it looks a little butcherd up!, like an oversized screw went into it.
scanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #3
tigerburns

Thanks but, if I am not mistaken, the '67-'72 models have the hinge pin at the bottom of the glove box door that goes all the way across. I may be remembering incorrectly though...

I'll take a look and see.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
ACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanman View Post
The plastic bushings go between the glovebox door & frame where the holes are. Do a thread search at top of this web site under 67-72trucks and it should bring up some pics for you. That hole you show with the bushing in it looks a little butcherd up!, like an oversized screw went into it.
I used the end caps from an old roller shade for the bushings. They were made of plastic and the correct diameter, just had to drill holes for the screws. Part of the fun with these old trucks is improvising when parts aren't available.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
tigerburns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACK View Post
I used the end caps from an old roller shade for the bushings. They were made of plastic and the correct diameter, just had to drill holes for the screws. Part of the fun with these old trucks is improvising when parts aren't available.
Haha! Whatever works. I suppose this gives an opportunity for creativity to spawn.