The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
cooperhw

76 4X4 4 sale in AZ decent price

Just thought I would share with you square body guys what I think is a pretty good deal recently posted for sale on that list of craig's.
Not affiliated with the truck or seller. Just know if I didn't already have a slug of these I would probably jump all over it. Even with the stuff it needs, it looks to be a pretty solid rust free Arizona truck. Most guys in the rusty parts spend 3 times asking price to get rid of the rust.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5192950236.html
Attached Images

cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Tom
driving is in my blood

Re: 76 4X4 4 sale in AZ decent price

You can get a truck like that and that price 3 times a day, every day here in AZ.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
jocko

Ha, rub it in, I just moved away from Mesa for work But you are correct Tom! Lots out that way. Personally, the shot motor and mismatched front/rear gearing is a killer. Body is ok, but there are nicer in that area that will be less expensive in the long run. Still, I like it, like the color combo too.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You can get a truck like that and that price 3 times a day, every day here in AZ.
3 times a day, Every Day, ???????????????????????????????Gimme a break. Yeah it has some issues. Motor and an axle, probably more, but could probably be bought for $1000. 4X4 decent sheet metal, doesn't look rusty, windshield looks good, paint even looks like it would probably buff up nice.

Serious though, maybe you could share a few of those many trucks that come up every day, 3 times a day for that price. I am sure many others would like to see em too. maybe just a link to all of those that YOU have posted/shared with the group? You know how they say "pics or it didn't happen". Well, ?

I never said "Smoking Deal or Deal of the year", just a "decent price". Somebody for a part of the country that only has rusty trucks might enjoy seeing what's available out here. Not wanting to start a (keyboard) fight, but I think if you see one better or cheaper share it. If not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #5
Seventy468
almost scrap

If that truck were over here, it would go for double, in a heartbeat. Engines/axles are cheap/plentiful. Rust free (or nearly) bodies are not. Nice find!
Seventy468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy468 View Post
If that truck were over here, it would go for double, in a heartbeat. Engines/axles are cheap/plentiful. Rust free (or nearly) bodies are not. Nice find!
I couldn't agree more. Engine, tailgate, 1 axle, fix those in a week or two. Pretty straight sheet metal, looks almost or totally rust free, I only post up the ones I think are a fair priced deal that another member might be interested in. About $600 to $800 shipping to some, got a nice builder. I wish I was retired and up at my cabin. I would have more than the 6 I currently have up there. shh, wife only knows about 4 of em.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
pat english

Cabin and 6 trucks.lucky...
pat english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #8
Tom
driving is in my blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhw View Post

Serious though, maybe you could share a few of those many trucks that come up every day, 3 times a day for that price. I am sure many others would like to see em too. maybe just a link to all of those that YOU have posted/shared with the group? You know how they say "pics or it didn't happen". Well, ?

I never said "Smoking Deal or Deal of the year", just a "decent price". Somebody for a part of the country that only has rusty trucks might enjoy seeing what's available out here. Not wanting to start a (keyboard) fight, but I think if you see one better or cheaper share it. If not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Don't believe me or do, doesn't matter. People actually looking for the trucks know to search the southwest for rust free examples, its why 50% of the cars we sell at work ship out of state.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #9
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Don't believe me or do, doesn't matter. People actually looking for the trucks know to search the southwest for rust free examples, its why 50% of the cars we sell at work ship out of state.
I am not saying "I don't believe you that you can find some cheaper, or better". Especially if you are in the business and hunt em regularly. Like Don over on University ave. If I saw one on C.L. and shared it with the group, like a63 C-10 little rust, long bed, etc. for $1,000. Of course Don could say "I buy those for less than $500. That's the business he's in, and guys deliver them to him all the time for a quick sale. Still doesn't mean someone in Canada might not want to see it and maybe someday come down here and buy one.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that "if I or another member see one posted on a site that I think someone in another part of the country would appreciate seeing, that's all it is. Sharing something I found that someone else might like to see.
Definitely don't want to start no hassle. It's all good.