The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
tcrist

Radio issue or Poltergeist?

Got one for the masses.
2006 Chevy Silverado 1500. Extended cab, just turned 60K.

1) About 6 months ago, one station on the radio and only one station would cut out for a half second or so randomly 5-10 times in an hour drive.

2) About week or so ago I noticed that I would get in my pickup and the end of the work day and the radio station had changed from where I left it when I got out. It would go to a station that was programmed in but not where I left it. But it would not do this overnight at home. It would only do this at work.

3) Earlier this week I noticed that the info button does not work anymore and the station does not cut out anymore.

4) Today when I got in at work, I noticed that when I turned the key on, the radio station would say the call letters and then the radio would start playing. The only issue with that is the call letters was for the station that it would switch to at the end of the work day but when the radio actually turned on it was at the station that I left it on. The station was correct but the call letters are incorrect.

Anybody run across something like this? Sounds like my pickup is possessed.

Thanks Terry