The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
drfloyd

67 Aftermarket Suspension

So it's the age old question of what to do. I know this varies from person to person but I'm trying to get ideas specific to what I'm looking for. I was originally looking at a static system, front and rear, from Heidts but have since had my interest piqued with the bags. I'm looking for a drop, but not on the ground. Just an aggressive looking stance that accentuates the finish product. Probably a couple in the front and 4 or so in the back. Obviously, bagging would solve this issue. I want an all inclusive kit for both ends and Heidts has the Mustang II front end and a 4 link rear with the 9" housing incorporated that you can get everything ready to bolt on and mount wheels. I would prefer to go with PB, but man I can't get a email response from them. I just don't want to get into one of those long drawn out things with waiting on them but I will if it's the best option.
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
drfloyd

Re: 67 Aftermarket Suspension

Disregard this post as I have decided to go to Scotts and buy the front and rear static setups. They look solid and Justin seems to have his **** together. There's a decent lead time but a lot of that is in PC wait time. No biggie to me, I'm leaving for fall outage wotrk and should be done about the time they are ready to ship. I will start a thread for the build.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
PGSigns

They make good stuff. Should be a nice build.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:19 AM   #4
andrewmp6

Have you looked at http://www.nolimitengineering.com/ and http://www.scottshotrods.com/ both are vendors on here and well known and trusted.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
drfloyd

Yep. Scott's is what I'm buying. Talked to Justin yesterday and got pricing on everything. I did look at No Limit. No real reason to go one way or the other. I decided against Porterbuilt. Just can't get them to answer the phone or emails. I'm getting everything from front to back to roll the chassis with the LS package. Just have to get the frame blasted now so I can get everything fitted when it arrives. I think I'm going with silver powder.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #6
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloyd View Post
Yep. Scott's is what I'm buying. Talked to Justin yesterday and got pricing on everything. I did look at No Limit. No real reason to go one way or the other. I decided against Porterbuilt. Just can't get them to answer the phone or emails. I'm getting everything from front to back to roll the chassis with the LS package. Just have to get the frame blasted now so I can get everything fitted when it arrives. I think I'm going with silver powder.
My apologies if we haven't been able to get back to you quick enough. We have been extremely busy and doing our best to follow up with all the requests we receive. We are a very small operation with a very large work load. At times this leads to a bit of a delay.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #7
drfloyd

I understand and I can relate. We are a company of 2 service engineers and a boy Friday that do service work and voltage regulator retrofits in the large generator power business. Our work load is unbelievable but we answer the phone and respond to emails instantly. That is however where the business comes from. I really like your product and would certainly use it. I haven't purchased yet as I just this morning got project funding from the project financial manager(my wife). So it's time to order goodies, probably later today. I'm flying to Connecticut today for a job but will likely be placing an order at some point. I would love to see what you have to offer.

BTW Nate, I'm not busting your balls but this list of stuff is quite substantial so I must say I have been disappointed to not get pricing from you.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #8
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
I understand and I can relate. We are a company of 2 service engineers and a boy Friday that do service work and voltage regulator retrofits in the large generator power business. Our work load is unbelievable but we answer the phone and respond to emails instantly. That is however where the business comes from. I really like your product and would certainly use it. I haven't purchased yet as I just this morning got project funding from the project financial manager(my wife). So it's time to order goodies, probably later today. I'm flying to Connecticut today for a job but will likely be placing an order at some point. I would love to see what you have to offer.

BTW Nate, I'm not busting your balls but this list of stuff is quite substantial so I must say I have been disappointed to not get pricing from you.
I understand where there could be some disappointment in us not getting back to you in what you would consider a timely manner.

We do our best to follow up with all the queries and requests, and we do so in the order in which they are received. Beginning of the week can be a bit longer of a wait sometimes.

If you call, it is almost always necessary to leave a voicemail and then we follow up. It does require some patience. But we always follow up. We spend all the time necessary to help ensure each of our customers purchase exactly what they need... nothing less, nothing more. This often leads to a lengthy phone conversation or e-mail chain. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day.

Do me a favor and send an email to nate@pbfab.com with your contact info and we can follow up.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #9
blake's first

You can buy used corvette c4 suspension cheep and this is the travel it will have we put this in front and rear for less than 500 dollars and it works way better than mustang Name:  image.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  53.8 KB
blake's first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #10
blake's first

One more at ride heightName:  image.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  49.1 KB
Old 09-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #11
blake's first

Ride height Name:  image.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  49.3 KB
Old 10-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #12
drfloyd

Looks good. Looks like it is a bit lower than I'm interested in. But I like the idea.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #13
blake's first

Quote:
Looks good. Looks like it is a bit lower than I'm interested in. But I like the idea.
But you can put it as low as you want just move the cross member up or down tell it's where you want it we had to put it in two times the first time it was one inch to high..it more work to make it this low if it was 4-5 inches higher it would be a cake walk. This should be the pic of the cross member being to low ..note it had to be moved up to get proper alignment Name:  image.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  46.1 KB
Old 10-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #14
blake's first

This is after it's moved up. Note the difference Name:  image.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  49.3 KB