The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
Big Blue

Cab to fender sheild

Where can one get this shield? It will be going on a 87 cab. Thanks,John

" IF ANYONE HAS ANY PLEASE PM (PRIVATE MESSAGE) ME "
Attached Images

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.

Last edited by Big Blue; 10-13-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #2
79sierra

Re: Cab to fender sheild

You won't! Unless you find used ones that are better than yours. I looked for three years (on and off) until it was time to paint then I moved on without them.
79sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
tucsonjwt

Junkyards will have them. Southwest junkyards will have them rust free.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
83GMCK2500

If I remember correctly, those are a Silverado/Sierra Classic only item, part of the increased noise dampening standard on the higher trim levels, same package as hood insulation. Just an fyi if you go looking at a junkyard.

1983 GMC High Sierra 2500, 4x4, RC/LB, 400 S.B., SM-465, NP-208, Corporate 10 bolt & 9.5" 14 bolt
1996 GMC Sierra SLE 3500 DRW, 4x4, EC/LB, Vortec 454, NV-4500, BW-4401, AAM 925 & AAM 1050
1997 GMC Sierra SLT 1500 4x4, Z71/F44, EC/SB, Vortec 350

My Introduction with my '83s History
New Daily, the '96
83GMCK2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
Big Blue

Thanks Everyone. The cab in the picture is not mine. As you can see in my signature I am doing a ground up project. Since I have everything apart I thought in would be good the add then to my build. I found a set in a junk yard but did not have time to remove them, now no one can go out into the yard,they pull it. So if any one has a set,send me a message.

John

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Thanks Everyone. The cab in the picture is not mine. As you can see in my signature I am doing a ground up project. Since I have everything apart I thought in would be good the add then to my build. I found a set in a junk yard but did not have time to remove them, now no one can go out into the yard,they pull it. So if any one has a set,send me a message.

John
I have a set off an 80 if they are all the same. Send me a PM if interested

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #7
Big Blue

PM Sent

Old 10-12-2015, 07:07 AM   #8
Big Blue

Good Morning 1774btcrew, I sent you a PM about the cab to fender shield. Do you have any? Thanks, John

Old 10-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #9
Big Blue

1774btcrew, Email sent

Old 10-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
Hammered 77

ttt
Hammered 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #11
1774btcrew

John, these are yours if you want them but I am out of town until Wednesday. I will touch base with you then

1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #12
Big Blue

Thanks, when you get back give me the details. Have a safe trip.

John

Old 10-18-2015, 06:11 PM   #13
HipToBeSquared

The 78 Silverado I used to own had those on them. I was always worried they would be just a breeding ground for rust. Did they do any good and did they rot cabs?
HipToBeSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #14
Big Blue

I understand that this item was hard to find. So I do not think that many people had them. From the ones that I did see, I did not see any rust build up. I had a pair way back when, when I junked the truck I did not take them. Thanks for responding. John

Old 10-18-2015, 11:23 PM   #15
1774btcrew

The pair I have came off a rusty suburban from Michigan there were no rust issues from where these were mounted

Old 10-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
Big Blue

177BTCREW, I am still interested in the seal. I PM you. Give me a shout back so We can get things rolling. Thanks Again, John

Old 10-26-2015, 09:55 PM   #17
1774btcrew

Just PM me with your email address again if you haven't already done so and we will go from there

Old 10-26-2015, 10:00 PM   #18
Chevy1966

I've been looking for a nice set of these "gaskets", or whatever you call them, for a long time. Very hard to find I guess. However they are a closed-cell foam so they are not going to retain a lot of moisture. They will collect lot's of dirt and other garbage. I really wonder what happened to all of the original tooling for some of these special parts? --Rob
76 C25 Sierra Grande
76 Camper Special
77 Sierra Grande
02 Suburban - the DD
Chevy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #19
1774btcrew

I actually had 2 sets of these at one point but don't know where the second set went.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #20
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

My 87 burb rusted out in those spots,all kinds of crud behind those seals
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #21
Big Blue

1774btcrew, sent you a pm