The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
SOUTHSIDE

Panel Truck Price?

Hi All. I'm normally on the C 10 board but I've been looking for a panel truck recently since my truck is almost done. I found a 1962 panel in decent shape for 2,000. Does this seem reasonable and what should I look for when i inspect it? What type of repairs am I likely to get into etc. Thanks Jeff
SOUTHSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:30 PM   #2
Softpatch

Re: Panel Truck Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDE View Post
Hi All. I'm normally on the C 10 board but I've been looking for a panel truck recently since my truck is almost done. I found a 1962 panel in decent shape for 2,000. Does this seem reasonable and what should I look for when i inspect it? What type of repairs am I likely to get into etc. Thanks Jeff
no that does-not seem reasonable to me.!
Please list link to said "Panel truck" so we might inspect the quality in the panel
1966 C-20 .....Swap 91 G-30(5.7 FI)/4L80E
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=789617
59 Viking Revival .. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632341
Softpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:17 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDE View Post
Is it a Panel, a Carryall, a Suburban? There are a huge variety of trucks lumped in the "panel" category that could be anything. 2k ain't a bad price, but they have 2x as much sheetmetal, and parts are veeeery hard to find for some of the more unique configurations.

Pictures will help.

Also, reasonable will depend on what your total goal is and what your budget will be. 2k might be a reasonable price for a solid shell on a rolling chassis, but might be waaay too much for a truck that will need $5k in bodywork.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:39 AM   #4
spacedebris

2k can be good or bad depending on condition.

Luckily from the doors forward most parts between the Panel/suburban/carryall share parts with the PU counterparts. However from the doors back, parts are few and far between with almost nothing being reproduced so your stuck either repairing what you have or trying to source from parts trucks, junkyards, and other sources.

Pics would help greatly.

Also when going to inspect. the areas you really want to check on the 62 are. Floorboards of course. Rockers. Pillars. roof to windshield. drip rail all the way around. check wheel wells all around. and rear corners of hood. Those are the areas most prone to rust. Floors, rockers, pillars, front fenders are not too bad as you can get replacement or patch panels fairly easily. However rear fenders, hood, drip rail and around windshield, those are another story. Patch panels or replacements are not available for these so your stuck making your own. hope this helps
1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote