The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #1
weider1717

1987 battery tray question (pic)

my old one had some pitting bought a new NOS OEM one but it has two sets of holes where the original has one set.

can anyone with an 87 look to see what your original tray is like? I will just weld up the other set on the new one if it's incorrect for an 87 truck. Just incase I got some odd ball tray off the parts line originally that was for an 86 etc.

Only one set of holes looks to be used but just making sure thats correct before I have the new one welded up.
Attached Images

weider1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #2
87ChevyR10

Re: 1987 battery tray question (pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weider1717 View Post
my old one had some pitting bought a new NOS OEM one but it has two sets of holes where the original has one set.

can anyone with an 87 look to see what your original tray is like? I will just weld up the other set on the new one if it's incorrect for an 87 truck. Just incase I got some odd ball tray off the parts line originally that was for an 86 etc.

Only one set of holes looks to be used but just making sure thats correct before I have the new one welded up.

One hole on each side on my tray like your original. From what I can find all the gm trays now are going to have the two holes.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #3
ddr11

Re: 1987 battery tray question (pic)

I had the same issue i ordered a replacement OEM from the the local GM dealer and mine came with two holes as well, probably somewhere along the line they figured they could add another hole for various applications to make it generic, rather than retooling
ddr11 is offline   Reply With Quote