The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
Cheyenne350

Sean Murphy Q-jet

This past weekend I received my carb from Sean Murphy and let me say he did an awesome job hands down. Right out the box no adjustments needed at all it started right up couldn't be happier with it! There is no sound when the secondary's of that "bog" when you step on it like other Q-jets this one is smooth all around. It took about 6 weeks for me to get my stage 1 Q-jet but very worth it at then end. On my 78 c10 just simple bolt on edelbroke intake performer #3701, Headman long tube headers 3' expipe super 40..
Attached Images

Cheyenne350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
Robert8096

Re: Sean Murphy Q-jet

Same here, put mine on the stock 350 and only had to adjust the idle. It also took 6 weeks to get mine.
Robert8096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
68c10owner

Been thinking of getting one of his units. Heard a lot of good things about his q-jets. Can you guys post some mileage updates?
Old 10-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
Robert8096

Didn't notice any gain in mileage, but sure runs a lot better than it did with the old unit.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
Big Blue

Who is Sean Murphy, and How does one get in contact with him.

John

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #6
Cheyenne350

I haven't gotten to that point in checking the gas millage just yet since I'm thrilled on how awesome this carb is.
Robert8096 is your q-jet a stage one to? Full stock?
Old 10-29-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Cheyenne350

To Big Blue here is his website https://www.smicarburetor.com
Old 10-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #8
rich weyand

Sean was one of the founders of Jet. He has tuned more Qjets than most people have ever seen. Good part is, he apparently kept all his notes. When you go to order one, he will want to know what engine, engine mods, exhaust system, induction system, etc, so he can tune it up correctly, including drilling the idle air bleeds and the like, and put the right jets and all in it. That's why they work out of the box, they're semi-custom, instead of a bought-off-the-shelf generic "Qjet".

1978 K10 RCSB DD.
rich weyand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #9
Robert8096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne350 View Post
I haven't gotten to that point in checking the gas millage just yet since I'm thrilled on how awesome this carb is.
Robert8096 is your q-jet a stage one to? Full stock?
Stage 1
Old 10-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #10
Big Blue

Thanks

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote