The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Throwing In The Towel

Well... as it always goes... life happens.

Too much going on. Not enough time. Not enough funds. I have to make room for other things. Hard choice, but one I had to make.

Ol' Creeping Death is going to be up for sale. I will either part it out, or sell as a whole with the new 1969 frame. It's in pieces, so this might be the opportunity for me to sell as parts for OE stuff. Haven't decided yet.

I am not leaving the board even after the truck is gone. I'll have another truck one day. There are too many awesome cats on this forum for me to even consider parting ways. I dig this place. The knowledge base here is phenomenal. Not to mention I consider some of you cats close friends, even though we've never met face to face. Hope to rectify that one day and meet a few of you.

No pity party here... just have to refocus on some more important things. We've all been there at one point in our lives. Well... this is mine.

There will be a for sale ad up in the classifieds soon. I'd like to see the whole shooting match go as one project. But I doubt it will go that way. We'll see...

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Throwing In The Towel

I hate for it to happen but whatever the problem stay strong and you will bounce back
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
Well... as it always goes... life happens.

Too much going on. Not enough time. Not enough funds. I have to make room for other things. Hard choice, but one I had to make.

Ol' Creeping Death is going to be up for sale. I will either part it out, or sell as a whole with the new 1969 frame. It's in pieces, so this might be the opportunity for me to sell as parts for OE stuff. Haven't decided yet.

I am not leaving the board even after the truck is gone. I'll have another truck one day. There are too many awesome cats on this forum for me to even consider parting ways. I dig this place. The knowledge base here is phenomenal. Not to mention I consider some of you cats close friends, even though we've never met face to face. Hope to rectify that one day and meet a few of you.

No pity party here... just have to refocus on some more important things. We've all been there at one point in our lives. Well... this is mine.

There will be a for sale ad up in the classifieds soon. I'd like to see the whole shooting match go as one project. But I doubt it will go that way. We'll see...

Gary
For Sure Gary.

I like to say "this is just the closing of one chapter of your life and the beginning of the next". You will have other trucks/cars/events and each bring a beginning and an end. "We all do what we think is right at the time" and move on. Part of life.
Glad to hear you will still be here on the board. Kinda sucks when guys post "well this is it. sold the truck. never hear from me again". I don't understand it myself. "YOU" still have the same passion, experience, and insight you did before you decided to sell you (current) truck. Still do, and welcome.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, you never know. I'm sure you're not done yet and will have another once you get sh...tuff straight in other departments. I should do the same, but just too stubborn. Fact is, throwing in the towel wouldn't change much. I do what I have to on the '72 and just drive it. The "project" '67 is basically something I like having around at this point, buy a thing or two every now and then, and that's about it. I need to build it a place to sit and forget about while I take care of frying bigger fish. The '72 just gets what it needs and is useful to me. I'm not really involved as a hobby these days, other than socially and helping others with their stuff

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #5
truckster

I hope you do stick around, because you have knowledge that's valuable to the rest of us. And I hope you're able to get back into the game sooner than you think.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

It's one thing to "fix up" an old truck, it's another to rebuild one that's been wrecked on top of that...

I believe you're in a decent area for somewhat solid trucks? Sell what you can and pick up a driver that you can enjoy.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #7
NoNeck

Hang in there, Gary. Priorities change and life throws us roadblocks, but we have to keep chugging along. I wish you the best.

POP

If it costs you a dollar to make a friend, KEEP THE DOLLAR.
If it costs you a friend to make a dollar, KEEP THE FRIEND.
NoNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Yep, we all have other priorities at times. Take care of what you need to and drop in once in a while to see whats going on..

Good luck to you.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #9
Redline novdog

Yes I to have problems. Elderly parents in nursing homes. Daughter in college.Kids cars that need repair. I'm with you I might need to step away and sell the '67. It"s a good truck served me well,but I can't/don't have the time to repair/restore!
Good Luck to you. Thank you for your knowledge !!! You helped many. Me included!!
Old 11-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #10
9teen69

Cheers to you kicking life in the butt and getting another truck or hotrod down the road.
70 Camaro RS (daily driver backup)
69 Custom LWB C10 (son now drives)
9teen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:47 PM   #11
swamp rat

Well crap Gary i was hoping to see your truck done some day but i understand too. If i had some land and a shop i'd be interested in buying it all from you but that cant happen where i live now. if ya part it out i may find something i cant pass up.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:11 PM   #12
shaun73

Hey Gary, I was just checking out your build link. Looks like you did a great job, what an experience. I'm rebuilding mine right now. Just had the frame powdercoated a couple weeks ago and we're putting it back together right now so I'm quite a ways behind you. I have the same mag wheels that I just finished buffing out 2 nights ago, wow. Anyways, I wanted to compliment you on your build and you'll have another one someday if you choose. I'm in Lake Stevens, that isn't too far away from you so let me know when you have it up for sale, not that I need another build. This is my first one, my Dad passed it down to me now me and my son are rebuilding it. We have no clue on what we are doing but I have a great brother in law helping along with a good buddy.
shaun73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #13
Clavo106

MAN!! That Suks... well ok... I think most of us understand. when I got sick I sold Four vehicle's that I didn't want to sell..to pay off my med bills. got to say happiness and good health is the best thing to move forward after a big struggle or hardship.. I hope the best to you/N/fam on what ever u deicide to do...
Clavo106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #14
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Sorry to hear this, I wish you the best Gary. I have always loved your truck and wish I had the room and the funds to buy it. Make sure you stay in the forum, you're a great contributor to the site.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:09 AM   #15
In The Ten Ring

You gotta do what you gotta do!

You can always start again.

And maybe do a better job the next time.

God bless you brother!
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #16
70cst

Agreed ... sometimes in life we need to redirect our journey.

Stay on board and wishing you the best.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #17
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

The coolest thing about this forum is the members.

Thanks for all the well wishes and stuff. I am staying here as a participating member. Whether I get another truck or not. Just too cool of a place to leave.

I will get ahold of a few of you via PM since there is some interest in the rig, or parts of it.

Again... thank you to ALL of you!

Gary

Quote:
Quote:
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #18
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun73 View Post
Hey Gary, I was just checking out your build link. Looks like you did a great job, what an experience. I'm rebuilding mine right now. Just had the frame powdercoated a couple weeks ago and we're putting it back together right now so I'm quite a ways behind you. I have the same mag wheels that I just finished buffing out 2 nights ago, wow. Anyways, I wanted to compliment you on your build and you'll have another one someday if you choose. I'm in Lake Stevens, that isn't too far away from you so let me know when you have it up for sale, not that I need another build. This is my first one, my Dad passed it down to me now me and my son are rebuilding it. We have no clue on what we are doing but I have a great brother in law helping along with a good buddy.
Funny thing is... I yarded this truck out of a hay field very close to Lake Stevens. A buddy and I showed up with a weedeater, a battery, portable air compressor, 5 gallons of gas, a towstrap, spark plug wires, and a handful of tools and got it running. Aired up the tires and drove it home to Whidbey Island. Still had briars and weeds hanging off of it when I pulled it into the driveway. There was almost 2 inches of rat crap on the intake manifold...

Then the teardown started...

Gary

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #19
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

The ad is up in the classifieds.

Thanks guys...

Gary

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #20
davischevy

I was anxious to see your truck back together, but life happens, and there will be another truck.

Although I have never had to sell a project, due to finances, I have had to lock down projects for a period.

Good luck. I'm impressed that you recognize the proper priorities.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:40 AM   #21
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

"I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there."

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!. Don't know the OP but best of luck.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:04 PM   #22
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Hey Gary,

If you are ever down in the Junction City, OR area, give me a shout. I will buy you lunch.

I know very well that sometimes life does happen and we need to move on. I have enjoyed your post comments and insight on the forum and glad you will still be around.

The trucks will come and go. I just sold my K20 to buy a 32 Ford Roadster frame. Now I have a bare frame with no parts other than a 270 HEMI that needs built. Live changes, enjoy each day of it the way you want.

Take care
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #23
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Tom (TBONE1964), if I'm ever down that way I'll let your know! Would love to do lunch!

So... as they say... life happens...

They also say... when you're in a tough spot your true friends will be there for you...

So I must say... if it were not for my friends and family... I wouldn't be posting this tonight. I'm going to spare all the details, but things have been arranged, and I will be able to continue with the build of the truck!

Friends and family to the rescue. My wife and I are elated. It's still going to be a long row to hoe. But we will get 'er done. I will be removing the ad in the classifieds.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!!! You don't know how much it helps to have a second group of friends and family... all of you cats.

So the slow road to progress will continue and ol' "Creeping Death" will rise from the ditch like it was supposed to.

Later!

Gary

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #24
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Awesome news!!!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #25