The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
Blanco_53

58-59 3200

Are people still in the market for the task force longbeds? I love mine just curious if they still get looked at just as much as the 3100s .

Thanks ,
Blanco_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
OrrieG

Re: 58-59 3200

I think people are warming up to them, just because shorts are getting harder to find. Same as like cars, no one wanted a four door, now no one seems to care, especially if they are carrying around kids or old farts in the back seat. I've always thought the long fleets look good slammed.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
JimDirt

Mine is a 58 Long Bed Step Side , all the TF's i see driving are Short Bed Step Sides or Long Bed Fleet Sides , so to me it would seem more rare to find a Short Bed Fleet Side or a Long Bed Step Side and therefor they "should" be worth more , but i guess it would mainly depend on what someone is looking for and what they are willing to pay for that vehicle , to me rarity would give a higher price (if kept mostly original) rather than a frame swapped custom , i would never sell mine because it was my dads and i grew up in that truck (i am 56 now ,its been in the family since i was 6 or 7) , but my guess would be the buyers making the pricing , not so much the seller , to me they are worth more than the more common short beds (step sides) , but fleet sides seem to be more common in long bed , so again , it depends on the type of bed , and what the market is looking for ....hopefully that made some sense ....

On a side note , shows like Gas Monkey and shows of that nature are driving UP the prices of older trucks (trucks that would otherwise be less desirable) , the prices they pay for some vehicles just amazes me , i wish i knew about those guys when i had all my Hemi Cuda's , and Chargers and 64/65 Chevelle's and Vette's , man i would be rich now ....so basically i guess it would also depend on how the truck was marketed and more importantly , where it was marketed
JimDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
_Ogre

i look at them all; stock, custom, long and short
most trucks of the era were 3100 and thus more available now for building

if you still use yours as a truck, longer the bed the more i like them
though they can be a beotch to park

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
Blanco_53

I love all the TF era trucks, short, step, long, fleet. I was looking at I believe the NADA classic car values and it showed a 58,59 long bed step side to be a $150 more than a short step. But remembering what era these vehicles come from these trucks were made to be work horses.

I guess it comes down to what you want, my dad purchased a 58 3200 step side from a farmer for next to nothing. He got it running and had it parked outside out of the way and one day a guy stopped by and asked him how much. He didn't want to sell so he threw out a big number 2800. The guy said ok ill come by again to look at it a little more so he did but my dad said no he couldn't do it the guy told him he would give him 3200. So now we have a 59 3200 he traded for and its probably my favorite out of them all.
Blanco_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #6
roger55

For what myself and my wife wanted a pickup for, the 3200 bed length was preferable to us. To me the looks of a stepside 3100 isn't that much of a different look than a 3200 with an 89" bed which most are. I have to look twice most times when I see a pickup to tell which it is. Even the 97" stepside bed is a good looking one.

The analogy of shortbed vs longbed pickups to 2 dr vs 4 dr cars isn't a good one.
A 4dr car is a night and day different look than a 2 dr car.
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote