The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

R.I.P. Dawn (Project Underhaulin)

I just found out that Dawn (the owner of the project truck) passed away last year. She was actually laid to rest one year ago today 12/23/14.
A shame she didn't live to see her truck finished.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #2
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Re: R.I.P. Dawn (Project Underhaulin)

I don't think your post is being helpful. The other thread got locked as should this one.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Just paying my respects to Dawn, nothing more.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

It is sad that she passed before the truck was finished. The details are being sorted and a resolution will be had. I do not see a reason to close this post, just as I see no reason to go on an unwarranted witch hunt. The other thread was closed so that we could figure out what is going on. I hate to see a long time member in good standing be presumed guilty when he has gone out of his way to be helpful. Let the admins do their job before anyone goes jumping on a hate bandwagon.

Our condolences are with Ms Martins family
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

I wish y'all could have met her....a genuine warm and sweet woman. I have described her before as un-pretentious and I still think it's spot on. The loss of her husband 8 years ago devastated her & when talking to her about him you could actually feel waves of grief radiating from her. But when she talked about his truck, her eyes would brighten, her whole face took on a calm glow and her voice got stronger. I was involved in the build and I let her down, for that I will always regret and I am truly sorry.
MotorSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Hey, at least you did help. Feel good about that. I would have loved to have help in some way and always felt bad about not being able. So sorry we didn't know earlier. May she rest in peace.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #7
Grumpy old man

It's a sad confusing story . I offered to help put it back together early last year when I was living in Knoxville and my offer got turned down ?
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:19 PM   #8
NONHOG

Sad it never turned out like so many of us wanted. Lots of helpful people pitched in and that should not be forgotten. Hats off to the guys who spend time and money.
Any update? Even if its not a good ending it would be nice to know. The positive giving that this truck (and Dawn RIP) got will be what I remember.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #9
dazza

I was following the idea/build from it's inception for a while and then had priorities that put my truck (and frequenting the forum) to a lower place on my list. When I returned I had never followed up as to the outcome and just saw this today. It doesn't sound too pleasant and I don't want to know, I just have a good memory about a lot of good people stepping up and helping another at a low spot in their life, and most of these people had never even met before. I tell people what I know of those events that took place and will continue to do so. It would be a shame to know the remaining family were subjected to any negativity in regards to such an inspirational event.
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #10
72 Super

So sorry to hear this. My condolences go out to her family and friends. May she Rest in Peace.

Ray