The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
TwinsSpeedShop

Project 'dark blue demin' not your typical drop member LS build

I started this project back in August probably and have just now slowed down enough both personally and professionally to start a build thread. I post a fair amount on FB and Instagram but not much on the forums as you can tell from my post count. I rely a ton on this site for research when I hit a snag in my build or are coming up with new ideas. This is my third truck in as many years but I don't intend to sale this one. Each truck has funded the next and I have taken this truck further than any others mostly because the last truck made enough money to take it this far. I will start with where we are today and update how I got here as I go.

I went with a new company for my suspension this time. GSI machine and fab launched their new drop member back mid year and I liked the look at the kit and the company as a whole. Everything has worked out great with only a few snags where more detailed pictures of the install would have been helpful.

History on the truck, I have chased this particular truck for 5 yrs and the old man finally let me make him an offer. When I first saw the truck, I was amazed at how solid the truck was considering how long it had been sitting behind his shop. I can only imagine how soils it was when he parked it 15 yrs ago. I have pics of the floor boards and such I will add later, but I have only found a quarter size hole in one rocker and some rust where the weather strip is attached at the rocker.

Here is where we are today
Attached Images

Last edited by TwinsSpeedShop; 12-27-2015 at 11:03 AM.
TwinsSpeedShop is offline   Reply With Quote