The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
Roggy

WTB/ISO 67-72 Chevy/GMC 4X4

WTB/ISO 67-72 Chevy/GMC 4X4 in Arkansas or CLOSE (Southern MO). I've been looking here and on CL for nearly a year but not had any luck yet. I would like to find an early 70's K10 Pickup (70-72). Running and 4X4 Working, Automatic Preferred. I'm not a mechanic or Body Person and I Don't have Car Hauler so would have to drive it home. Not Customized and No Computer. Would consider newer 70's model but really want an early 70's model. Let me know if there's something out there. THANKS!
Roggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
72kool

Re: WTB/ISO 67-72 Chevy/GMC 4X4

You have to be a supporting member to post for sale\ wtb ads. And they ask to keep them in the classified sections. Just a friendly heads up. I'm in the same boat as you. Best of luck
72kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72kool View Post
You have to be a supporting member to post for sale\ wtb ads. And they ask to keep them in the classified sections. Just a friendly heads up. I'm in the same boat as you. Best of luck
He is a supporting member

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:06 AM   #4
72kool

Hahaha sorry. Didn't see that the first time.
72kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72kool View Post
OK, Thanks 72Kool...
I'm new to this and the site is pretty overwhelming and hard for someone like me to understand how to do things.
I just posted in the WTB Classifieds...I Think??? Still not sure I did it right.
If I need to do something different please tell me What or How.
Thanks!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
He is a supporting member
OK, Thanks 70cst...
I'm new to this and the site is pretty overwhelming and hard for someone like me to understand how to do things.
I just posted in the WTB Classifieds...I Think??? Still not sure I did it right.
If I need to do something different please tell me What or How.
Thanks!

PS: You'd think after a year I would have found something. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. It seems like MOST folks on here have a truck. Where or How are they finding them? Any suggestions would be appreciated????

Last edited by Roggy; 12-30-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
1972k5blazer

Pm sent
1972k5blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #8
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

I email you and gave you a check list on how to go about finding what you need.If you can send the money best off to if your not a mechanic or a body man best off to spend the hard money first and learn a bad lesson later 5000-9000 Is not a bad mistake If you know nothing about these truck best off buy one that almost finished.Trust me you will Be 5 times a head of every one else that thought it be cheaper to buy a 2500.00 truck at needs massive work to a 8K to 10K truck that needs almost nothing these trucks are expensive.Make your money work for you instead of you working for it
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #9
franken

Disk brakes started in 71 so you might limit it to 71-72.
I'd wonder why you want a vehicle you have no skills to work on, and modern mechanics have no skills to work on.
BTW, not every word in a sentence should be capitalized. In fact, very few should.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:20 PM   #10
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
I email you and gave you a check list on how to go about finding what you need.If you can send the money best off to if your not a mechanic or a body man best off to spend the hard money first and learn a bad lesson later 5000-9000 Is not a bad mistake If you know nothing about these truck best off buy one that almost finished.Trust me you will Be 5 times a head of every one else that thought it be cheaper to buy a 2500.00 truck at needs massive work to a 8K to 10K truck that needs almost nothing these trucks are expensive.Make your money work for you instead of you working for it
First, I don't have the 8k-10k that others might have. I'm 63 and never had a job that paid well enough to save that kind of money. I was fortunate enough to save about 6K and was looking for something around 5K so I could use the other 1000 to hopefully build a portable carport to put the truck under.
In the 60's/70's I was able to change out water pumps, fuel pumps, points, plugs, hoses, belts, alternators, starters, brake pads, etc. So I thought I might be able to work on those things. I've never had the opportunity to work on carburetors or the internals of an engine. That's the reason I for sure don't need a truck with anything electronic or computer.
Thanks!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:24 PM   #11
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
Disk brakes started in 71 so you might limit it to 71-72.
I'd wonder why you want a vehicle you have no skills to work on, and modern mechanics have no skills to work on.
BTW, not every word in a sentence should be capitalized. In fact, very few should.

First, I don't have the 8k-10k that others might have. Thats why i dont need one customized. I'm 63 and never had a job that paid well enough to save that kind of money. I was fortunate enough to save about 6K and was looking for something around 5K so I could use the other 1000 to hopefully build a portable carport to put the truck under.
In the 60's/70's I was able to change out water pumps, fuel pumps, points, plugs, hoses, belts, alternators, starters, brake pads, etc. So I thought I might be able to work on those things. I've never had the opportunity to work on carburetors or the internals of an engine. That's the reason I for sure don't need a truck with anything electronic or computer.

As far as capitalizing letters...im new to this kind of thing and was just wanting to emphasize my points. Sorry.
Thanks!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #12
tristan

Heck, I have no mechanical or bodywork skills but that doesn't stop me from loving the 67-72s to death and wishing for one. They are deathly cool and classic.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:33 PM   #13
Roggy

Smile Re: WTB/ISO 67-72 Chevy/GMC 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
Heck, I have no mechanical or bodywork skills but that doesn't stop me from loving the 67-72s to death and wishing for one. They are deathly cool and classic.
Thanks Tristan,
I graduated HS in 1970 and would like to have a truck from that era. If it's not been updated with some of the new computer stuff, I think I could work on a lot of things except the carburetor and internal engine. If those things need fixing I think I know some guys that could help me with them.
I love the way they look too.
Thanks, again...
Old 01-01-2016, 01:08 AM   #14
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggy View Post
Thanks Tristan,
I graduated HS in 1970 and would like to have a truck from that era. If it's not been updated with some of the new computer stuff, I think I could work on a lot of things except the carburetor and internal engine. If those things need fixing I think I know some guys that could help me with them.
I love the way they look too.
Thanks, again...
Roggy,
Welcome to the board, this is the best forum site on the net! As for the truck your in search of, they are around still. I'd search for a truck from the western half of the country. There's still a good bit of 4x4 trucks out here that are in decent shape with little rust. My suggestion is be patient, search Craigslist frequently, and don't buy a truck your not sure about. Your budget should be able to get you a pretty decent start at a project. These trucks are simple to work on, I like your mentality to keep it that way! I don't have a truck for sale but I can tell you they are definitely still out there!
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #15
67swb72klb

They are still out there in your price range but not too often in the condition you want.. Keep your feelers out there and check the for sale area on the forum here. Good luck on the search!
Old 01-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #16
noco-k5

I've purchased two Blazers in the last 7 years. One a 70 and the other a 90. I probably looked at over 25 each time to find one with minimal rust. Good deals are out there, but you have to spend some time looking. To me that's the fun part. I hate working on cars, but enjoy the pursuit of finding a good deal.
noco-k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #17
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Roggy,
Welcome to the board, this is the best forum site on the net! As for the truck your in search of, they are around still. I'd search for a truck from the western half of the country. There's still a good bit of 4x4 trucks out here that are in decent shape with little rust. My suggestion is be patient, search Craigslist frequently, and don't buy a truck your not sure about. Your budget should be able to get you a pretty decent start at a project. These trucks are simple to work on, I like your mentality to keep it that way! I don't have a truck for sale but I can tell you they are definitely still out there!
Thanks 57taskforce,
I don't have anyway to get it from western half of country.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:32 PM   #18
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Roggy,
Thanks 57taskforce,
I check CL daily, somedays several times. I check all of Arkansas, All Missouri, Memphis, Nashville, Jackson MS, Monroe LA, Shreveport LA, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Kansas City, and a few more. Been doing this for a year. I check Auto Trader Classics (expensive). And about 3 other sites. I really don't want a project because I'm not a mechanic or body person. "I wish I was, it might be easier". I do see some out west and in the east but How do people buy them that far away without looking them over and driving them home? Remember I'm new at this and not sure of how others do these things.
Thanks again!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #19
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67swb72klb View Post
They are still out there in your price range but not too often in the condition you want.. Keep your feelers out there and check the for sale area on the forum here. Good luck on the search!
Thanks 67swb72klb,
I check CL daily, somedays several times. I check all of Arkansas, All Missouri, Memphis, Nashville, Jackson MS, Monroe LA, Shreveport LA, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Kansas City, and a few more. Been doing this for a year. I check Auto Trader Classics (expensive). And about 3 other sites. I really don't want a project because I'm not a mechanic or body person. "I wish I was, it might be easier". I do see some out west and in the east but How do people buy them that far away without looking them over and driving them home? Remember I'm new at this and not sure of how others do these things. Like I said it's been a year and patience is not my strong suit.
Thanks again!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #20
Roggy

STILL LOOKING...WTB/ISO 67-72 Chevy/GMC 4X4 in Arkansas or CLOSE*(Southern MO). I've been looking here and on CL for nearly a year but not had any luck yet. I would like to find an early 70's K10 Pickup (70-72). Running and 4X4 Working, Automatic Preferred. I'm not a mechanic or Body Person and I Don't have Car Hauler so would have to drive it home. Not Customized and No Computer. Would consider newer 70's model but really want an early 70's model. Let me know if there's something out there.*

Since I last posted, I've been talking to some other guys and they are suggesting I look for a ls swap. Not sure what that means other than the engine has been swapped from an original to a Chevy "ls" engine. I guess they are computerized? Not really my area of expertise but they think I could find someone to work on it. So, still looking for a Early 70 4x4 Automatic in good running condition and 4x4 working. Really don't need it restored or customized because it would be outside my budget of 5K. Just need interior clean so my wife would feel comfortable driving it. Really don't want a big lift kit. Small lift would be ok. If anyone could help steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!*
Old 01-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #21
Tomahawk30

How about something like this? Not mine, just a listing I've been watching for a few weeks now...

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/5401735475.html

1972 C10 Custom Deluxe Highlander - sold
1971 Cheyenne Super Longhorn -sold
1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 -sold, bought back, sold again... I'm dumb.
1970 Chevy C10 SWB "Sprout" -sold
1972 Cheyenne K20 -sold
1969 GMC Shortbox Stepside 4x4 -sold
1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 -sold
Tomahawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #22
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk30 View Post
How about something like this? Not mine, just a listing I've been watching for a few weeks now...

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/5401735475.html
Thanks Tomahawk30,
It's perfect except it's manual. I can drive a Standard but my wife cannot. I really need an automatic because I plan on using it in my business and my wife will be driving it some.
If you know of another please let me know.
Let me say, if it was automatic I'd be all over it!
Regards...

Last edited by Roggy; 01-17-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #23
Krex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggy View Post
Thanks Tomahawk30,
It's perfect except it's manual. I can drive a Standard but my wife cannot. I really need an automatic because I plan on using it in my business and my wife will be driving it some.
If you know of another please let me know.
Let me say, if it was automatic I'd be all over it!
Regards...
That one looks like a 73+ frame on 67-72 body don't know if you care about that but I thought I would let you know.
Krex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:38 PM   #24
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krex View Post
That one looks like a 73+ frame on 67-72 body don't know if you care about that but I thought I would let you know.
Thanks Krex, I would have never known. As you may have seen in some of my previous posts I've never had the opportunity to be around mechanics or body work. I'll say this, it may not have mattered because I need it to be functional and hold up, that would be my first concern. If it was put together well it may have been fine for me. That has been one of my biggest fears is that someone would take advantage of me because I'm uneducated about mechanics in general. I guess that's a risk I have to accept being my age (63) and not having that kind of experience. Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #25
Tomahawk30

That's a good catch Krex. I didn't pay any attention to the frame until you said something about it! Don't feel bad Roggy, we are all still learning!!! If you aren't sure, it can be helpful to share the ones you are interested in for feedback. The group has caught several discrepancies in trucks I'd been looking at over the years. The best part of the forum is the huge amount of knowledge and experience available to you just by asking for help.

1972 C10 Custom Deluxe Highlander - sold
1971 Cheyenne Super Longhorn -sold
1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 -sold, bought back, sold again... I'm dumb.
1970 Chevy C10 SWB "Sprout" -sold
1972 Cheyenne K20 -sold
1969 GMC Shortbox Stepside 4x4 -sold
1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 -sold
Tomahawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote