The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #1
Heavy chevy 77

Heavy Chevy blues..

I am 25 pretty recent driver of a few years. I purchased a 1977 Chevy 3/4 ton LB 2 WD. runs on 16.5 tires . power plant is 350/ 350 has qjet mild cam ,headers, hei, accel coil one cylinder at 40 psi the rest at spec burns a lot of oil and fuel TH350 burned up also has 4.11 rear gear. I am considering a budget of 3 grand . looking to build 383 stroker using 10.1 compression with EDLEBROCK aluminium heads and not to wild of a cam ,have two aluminum intakes one single one dual plane intake holly 750 double pumper carb and going to use a V-8 5 spd transmission from a camaro . As I mentioned it has 4.11 gear it's 16.5 all terrain radial 31 inch tall tires . object is to achieve good off the line performance with upper end cruising and economy . Am I heading in the right direction? Comments and suggestions would be greatful
Thank you.

Chevrolet built like a ROCK...ET
Heavy chevy 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
TrailerTrash

Re: Heavy Chevy blues..

Welcome from PA!

keep the Quadrajet and use the dual plain intake.

what cam are you looking to use?

you are going to have to shop around and probably end up scavenging for alot of parts to convert your truck to standard shift. and i dont think a T5 is the way to go but im sure other members will chime in on that subject
TrailerTrash is offline   Reply With Quote