The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
rieckmanntrucking

lots of questions

first off I would like to say thanks for any help you guys can give as I have alot of questions . i am putting together my version of a best of everything truck a 67lwb body on a 71k20 frame and axles . 1st im going bbc that is currently sbc . Will the 72 bbc frame mounts bolt to the 71 frame or just find 71 stuff ? 2 I would like to go with a 4l80e trans is there any issues with this set up such as tunnel clearance , linkage etc ? 3 what would be the best suspension set up to go with . I would like to put 33 or maybe 35 in tires on but not any higher than i have to clear decent but want it to ride and handle good . I am sure alot has changed over the last 15+ years that i have been out of the playing stage with stuff . Any info or ideas would be helpful . I have done a fair amount of looking around for info both on this site and others and just cant quite find the info im looking for . Thanks again !
rieckmanntrucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
jocko

Re: lots of questions

K20s only came with high hump, so your 67 cab will need that to clear the TH350 that is also likely in your K20. As for clearing a 4L80E, someone else that has done that swap will need to chime in. Note that BBC never came in Ks, so not sure what other things you might run into, but there is sufficient space - many have done it. Usually happens as a C20 with a 402 being swapped onto a K frame, motor coming along for the ride, so you shouldn't have too many problems. Need to make sure the tunnel space is sorted out - I'm assuming a high hump will be sufficient. You have a high hump if it's bolted in. If not bolted, it's likely a low, and that is what I'm expecting for your 67 cab.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #3
rieckmanntrucking

Re: lots of questions

thanks jocko . my 67 is currently a 2wd with a granny low 4sp so should be high hump . the 71 k20 is nothing but bare frame with the axles laying along side of it so its definitely a project lol .
rieckmanntrucking is offline   Reply With Quote