The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2003, 07:21 PM   #1
ezraw

Question Newbie advice (again)

Well, I'm still yearning for a C10. Anyone have any thoughts on this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=5348

Has a few things I like, shortbed, trim, tailgate, AC. Still waiting for more info on the engine, etc., but it seems like a reasonable buy at the current price. What do you all think?

Thanks in advance,
Ezra
ezraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:53 PM   #2
Terry S

I think that it depends on what you want it for. If you want to get a truck with all the "fun" stuff already done this seems like a clean one. I would definately get some more information about what exactly was done during the restoration (engine, tranny, undercoat, is there any bondo or rust etc.) also, I don't see any pictures of the inside of the bed is it as clean as the rest of the truck appears to be?

I paid $2200 for my 72 swb via ebay, but it needed a lot of work. By the time it's all done I'll definately have more in it than the one that's in the link, but I'll have had the pleasure of doing the work myself and it'll be exactly what I want when I'm done. Of course, at the rate that I'm going, I'll be to old to drive before it's done

Old 09-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I do see a few things that are not quite right. (I am a stickler on the misused word, "restore")
However, it does apear to be a nice looking truck.
For that kind of cash, (almost 7 grand and 25 hrs left) I would demand more pictures, and of better quality. You can't see the engine, but I'll tell you right now it has the wrong brackets on it. That is a good sign of the entire engine being swapped out (but doesn't prove it though) I would want numbers off the engine, if he says it is a 350, prove it. A 305 is a common engine to use when BS'ing ppl like that.
The head light trim isn't right, yet he (claims) to have gotten the whole grill from GM. So why didn't he get the propper headlight trim? (the 69/70 should be black, the chrome is 71/72) Also, he spent quite a bit of cash on the rest of the trim, yet the tailgate does not have the trim it is supposed to have. The mirrors are late 70 - 72 items also.
It LOOKS liek a cool truck, but I would proably pay some one to go look at it before dropping over 7 grand on a truck that i could not see with my own eyes.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:31 PM   #4
ezraw

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

Longhorn man, can you be more specific about the tailgate trim? What is it supposed to have?

Quote:
Originally posted by Longhorn Man
I do see a few things that are not quite right. ...the tailgate does not have the trim it is supposed to have.
ezraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:45 PM   #5
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

I think it is supposed to have trim across the bottom

My advice, go look at it in person before you buy it. Why it appears nice, it could be a rustbucket with 10 gallons of bondo in it. IMO, these trucks are too old to buy over the internet without actaully looking at them. I would proably hold out until you can find a nice one locally, or you can go look at that one in person.

Longhorn, don't new headlight bezels only come in chrome? Just spray paint them if you want them to be correct
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 02:09 PM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I don't know if they come in both chrome and black, but I do know that it is not right the way it sits.
Like i said, when some one says restore...I expect a restoration..as in just like when it was new. Not better than new, not other than new...like the day it was bought from the dealer.
As for the tailgate, it is supposed to have the woodgrain panel on the tailgate.
Something like this.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote