The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2016, 12:56 AM   #1
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

I'll Be Darned...

Scanned my "local" news channel's web page tonight and found this about an area shop doing chassis/suspension fab work on the Farmtruck. Who'd a thunk it...

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/and...truck/37910326

ANDERSON, Calif. -

An Anderson business is helping out a famous duo.

The duo is featured on the Discovery Channel show "Street Outlaws."

Out of all the auto shops in the nation, they traveled halfway across the country to Hotrods to Hell in Anderson to help them win big in underground street racing.

Steve McClenon is the owner of Hotrods to Hell, a shop that builds high-performance suspension kits and parts for muscle cars and hot-rods.

"It's a real honor to be able to put our stuff on there [the truck] and make this truck actually work," McClenon stated.

He recently built a new chassis for the famous 1970 Chevy known as "Farmtruck."

Farmtruck belongs to Jeff who it better known as "AZN" and Sean who is better known as "Farmtruck."

"They are real people, they are real racers and they are grassroots all the way and this kind of stuff is near and dear to my heart," McClenon said.

Farmtruck looks a little beat up, but don't be fooled -- it's fast.

"It has a giant 632 motor in it, big block Chevy, two kits of nitrous," Farmtruck noted. There is plenty of power under the hood."

Choosing Hotrods to Hell was an easy decision for this duo.

"We want somebody as motivated as us to make this truck work, do what it is supposed to do on the street and you know what Hotrods to Hell seems to be the best fit," AZN explained.

"He is a truck arm genius," Farmtruck noted. "He has taken the age-old truck arms and puts them on anything and everything, yet he makes them work."

Making most out of their adventure in Northern California, Farmtruck and AZN will be hosting an event called Farmageddon at the Redding Dragstrip.

"It gives the community something to look forward to, it gives the kids something to do, something to grow and become," AZN said. "So we really want to support this type of organization that promotes growth, education."

Farmageddon will be this Saturday and is open to the public.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:45 AM   #2
Skinny Kid

Re: I'll Be Darned...

Too bad Redding is 8 and half hours north of me. I'd love to take the "Shoptruck" up there. My truck looks like a 3/4 ton version of Farmtruck.
Skinny Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #3
Grumpy old man

Re: I'll Be Darned...

Whodathunk ? Camaro and Chevelle guys changing over to old Chevy truck suspensions ? Buy up those builder trucks guys the prices are going to go thru the roof !
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote