The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

2 door crew cab

this showed up for sale on facebook in the Spokane area:
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: 2 door crew cab

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6066...4030356087932/

this 2 door style seems pretty common for the pacific northwest.

I really like that coach builder emblem.

here is the description.

Many have seen this finally putting it up for sale. 1966 Chevrolet 2 door crew cab all original 327 4 speed 2wd c20. The truck is very complete and original. Built by a company called Pacific custom conversions in Portland Oregon and sold in Aberdeen Washington at Bigelow Chevrolet. Truck has original keys and title from one owner. There is some rust that is very minimal truck is farm fresh and was last tabbed in '81 I have not tried to start the truck but don't think it would take much work. Asking $5000 OBO. Might take part trade and cash. Truck is located in Spokane might be able to deliver if close.
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #3
canadian_diesel1964

That thing is cool!!
canadian_diesel1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #4
dubds10
Stalker Nate

It's cool but the seller bought it for $1500 & had it back online for $5000 same day lol Most people saw it & know it was worth the $1500 but not $5000. Guys like that are what's ruining the hobby for true enthusiasts unfortunately.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
canadian_diesel1964

That's too bad...it's really big which is handy as you never know when you might have to spend a few nights in it....
canadian_diesel1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #6
indymachinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
It's cool but the seller bought it for $1500 & had it back online for $5000 same day lol Most people saw it & know it was worth the $1500 but not $5000. Guys like that are what's ruining the hobby for true enthusiasts unfortunately.
I get it when people do that.... but I don't like it.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #7
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
"Guys like that are what's ruining the hobby for sure"

EXACTLY.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #8
DakotaKid

How are they ruining the hobby? Ive gotten lots of stuff cheap and decided to flip it to support my own hobby.... you guys are being awfully jealous. Im not saying its worth 5k, but if you dont like the price, shut your mouth and dont talk crap. All it does is make you sound like it should be cheap just because he got it cheap. I cant fault the guy for wanting to make a buck on it. If you dont think its worth the 5k make him an offer, I know its worth more that 1500...

Others, 1958 Edsel Villager Station Wagon
1926 Ford Model T Roadster Hotrod

www.suedescarclub.com
DakotaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaKid View Post
How are they ruining the hobby? Ive gotten lots of stuff cheap and decided to flip it to support my own hobby.... you guys are being awfully jealous. Im not saying its worth 5k, but if you dont like the price, shut your mouth and dont talk crap. All it does is make you sound like it should be cheap just because he got it cheap. I cant fault the guy for wanting to make a buck on it. If you dont think its worth the 5k make him an offer, I know its worth more that 1500...
$3500 profit is alot of money. Now I can understand purchasing for $1500 and then selling for $2500, but 5k? I mean...c'mon. This has nothing to do with jealousy either, it's the reasoning behind people selling stuff for Way more than they got it for. And in all fairness...it Should be somewhat cheap because the person who's gonna restore it is gonna dump another 10 grand or more into it no doubt. I'm sorry....this guy is making More than a buck. lol
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #10
cru_zn_29

That's what makes the world go around. If the price is too high it won't sell.
cru_zn_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #11
dtkarst

What he is asking and what he will get are 98% of the time two totally different numbers. I'll buy them pretty cheap around here make them a nice driver then sell it for s nice profit and get another one. I'm 25 years old and been through 6 and a half years of college debt free because of this hobby of selling parts and trucks. I bet all he did was what most of us do and ask what the guy wanted for it and said a low number and bought it, I don't see a problem with it. Vehicles I've sold have made me up to 3k, just depends what it's worth to someone. If someone pays a lot more than it's worth then it was worth that much to one person. I blame tv shows and Barrett Jackson for jacked up prices. This pickup doesn't need to be somewhat cheap for anyone who's going to restore, for they want it, they'll buy it. Simple as that
dtkarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #12
1968vetL-71

You definitely can't fault someone for trying too make a profit. I buy and sell stuff all the time. If a seller doesn't know how much what he or she is selling is worth then thats their fault. Like someone else stated above, what he's asking now and whats he's actually gonna get just depends on how bad someone wants it, its not saying they are gonna get it! Thats the nature of the collector car hobby. I'm sure if anyone of you ran across a 70' hemi cuda convertible for 50,000 you wouldn't hesitate on reselling it for a half a million. It is what it is.

Cool truck tho. will make someone a neat project!!
1968 belair 2door post #s 427/385
1936 ford 5w coupe dads 1st car
1969 camaro ss (17,xxx) miles

Wanted: 69-72 suburban project, 69 camaro convertible. also any big block cars. 69-70 gto judge project.
1968vetL-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #13
Brad54

I almost wonder if the conversion company started with a panel truck and cut it down, then added a cab back to it. That'd be a good donor for the quarter sections, the roof, the interior panels in the back seat area, and the panel truck jump seat.
Cheaper than starting with a Suburban.

-Brad

There's no cool like Old School
Brad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #14
1968vetL-71

I love the "sales man " sticker on it. How cool is that back in the day!!
1968 belair 2door post #s 427/385
1936 ford 5w coupe dads 1st car
1969 camaro ss (17,xxx) miles

Wanted: 69-72 suburban project, 69 camaro convertible. also any big block cars. 69-70 gto judge project.
1968vetL-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #15
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaKid View Post
Same reason that exists in the sneaker collecting community. There are two types of people involved; those who build projects and expect to lose money, and those who build projects who expect to gain money. The perception of limited supply regardless of actual supply. Very rarely does anyone know exactly HOW limited any of one thing are.

The "problem" with that is when the perception is predatory. When someone buys a rare sneaker for $225 from Nike and then sells the same shoe within hours for $550 for example. This is made worse when no "work" was put in on the sellers point. Old cars are like that in a sense.

But in general, just don't buy it (or if your actually interested, just offer him less and say "because I just watched you buy it for 1/3 of that....."

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #16
DakotaKid

i still dont understand why anyone thinks what he payed for it has anything to do with what he should be able to sell it for.

If you dont like what hes asking for it, Offer him less, if you dont like it how hard is it to just ignore it? The internet makes everyone feel like their opinion in warranted or needed.

If you had a guy walk up to you at a show where you had a vehicle for sale, and you knew what he payed for it was less, and ridiculed him for it, youd probably leave with a black eye.

It snot like this guy is asking 10g or something for this truck. How many of these have you seen for sale? Its a pretty rare truck. And in pretty decent shape all things considering. 5gs is alot of money, but this isnt your everyday longbox either.

In many car deals i have been told well i can buy so and so for tis much sor your out of line on your price. But they arent the same thing.

I have a hard time with people that come to these forums to pass of their opinion on stuff basically calling the guy a crook from behind the keyboard. If you dont like the price, Move on.

On a side note i have no idea who this guy is and have no affiliation with the truck. I just hate seeing someone badmouthed because hes trying to flip something. I bet everyone here on this board would have bought that truck for 1500$ if they had the free cash.

Others, 1958 Edsel Villager Station Wagon
1926 Ford Model T Roadster Hotrod

www.suedescarclub.com
DakotaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #17
Auctioneerhere

Quote:

False... Supply & Demand...

A persons desire to turn a profit is not a bad thing.
Auctioneerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:41 PM   #18
62jimmy

All I can say is I wish I could've bought that behemoth for $1500...So ugly, I Love it. Personally, I love buying and selling stuff for a profit, and I would argue that it is not only not bad for the hobby, but a part of it. Would I pay 5G, no, but it might be worth it to someone...and if he starts at 2500, someone will try to beat him down to 1500, I doubt he expects to get 5k, but if he does, someone just wanted it that bad and you can't go to the Toyota dealer to get one
62jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #19
dubds10
Stalker Nate

I'm not against buying and selling for a profit as everybody does it, but the way somebody does it comes into play especially in the classic truck community out here in the PNW. This truck was for sale for a week or so and listed for what it was/is truly worth. It wasn't a $100 steal but maybe it was bought for $500-1000 who knows, yet it was/is worth the $1500 and that's about it. When you take into the amount of $$ required to get it road worthy or show worthy it has to be priced a reasonable amount not some crazy amount. Supply and Demand doesn't mean much when it's curbers dictating the pricing and nothing is selling out here for high prices. Maybe somebody will think it's worth $5g and buy it, or everybody will think it's only worth $1000-2500 and the guy will be too stubborn to sell it and keep it from an enthusiast even longer. Or he'll actually put work/money into and make it worth something and maybe he is selling it to help out his own build...who knows, but it was the way it was done which was noted.

There are many curbers/flippers grabbing them before a true enthusiast can do something with them, and then they just sits in another field to rust away for a year or two or more. In reality the flipper probably paid fair market value for it and thought they were going to score big, but now they can't which is good as it shows them they can't manipulate the market. I don't mind the true enthusiasts who buy a few trucks, part one out or sell one to cover the costs of their on going builds and help out other builders with parts as that's how our local truck community works and I find most guys are good with that. Most of these guys also price them within fair market value, and everything sells no questions asked.

Also has nothing to do with jealousy as somebody previous said as most who saw it could afford it, but it just wasn't anything special based on its condition and the body style is common in the PNW. This may be super rare else where but around here they pop up on CL every year in varying conditions and body styles (2dr ext cab, 3 dr crew, 4 dr crew, swb, lwb, etc) A restored original coach built ext cab short bed just sold near me for $17g CAD so $13g USD and it was for sale for a long time as well. There's a higher demand for a regular SWB truck vs these so they wont get crazy prices for them around here.

Luckily in the PNW truck community most people watch all of CL, FB, internet sales sites etc and share the vehicles, parts, and their prices with each other and when obvious flippers come around they are outed right away and end up getting no local business or get a ton of low ball offers to show them market value. In turn most the flippers who are trying to sell for 4+ times their value sell to guys back east or down south as they'll pay the mark up and that's just how the different market places work.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #20
jcramsey

I won't hate for making a profit. I saw a sweet 80's Chevy dually 4x4 with a cummins last year for sale at a great price. I wasn't ready to move on it but saw it again a few months later when I was looking for a truck. It had been sold a week beforehand for at least $4000 cheaper. I wasn't all tingly inside about the price it was at now...but I thought, if I had bought it, I woulda asked at least that much for it too.

The Government Mule
jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #21
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Easy there everyone ....

Its pricey because of the Burban front seat ...

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote