The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
abraham.hd

need help on price value on apache BBW swb fleetside

Ran into this apache and body is solid and what not but just wanted to know what's the price range on this trucks. It was raining so I couldn't take alot of pics. He said it also has a bonded title to the truck soo I'm not to sure on it
abraham.hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
abraham.hd

Re: need help on price value on apache BBW swb fleetside

Old 02-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
abraham.hd

By the way truck is not for sale he just said to try and make an offer
Old 02-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Looks like it'll need everything as it's been sitting awhile. It's woth at least $2g if it's a solid shell. Paint can be decieving though & have hidden rust. Need to check the normal rusty areas of course.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
OrrieG

Also looks like the hood got hit hard, that could affect the cowl and hood latching, etc. Does it run? Original engine and suspension? How bad is the bed. Fresh paint is nice if the underlying rust issues on these trucks are taken care of. Good magnet and observation from the back side on cab corners and fenders/headlights will tell you a lot.

Bonded title means it did not come with a clear title and he paid for a title search and posted a bond. In most States if no one steps forward in three years you can applie for a clear title.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:02 PM   #6
abraham.hd

Yea it doesn't run, original suspension and engine. Yea only reason I'm trying to buy it is for the fact it's a bbw and a shortbed fleetside which are rare to come across on nowadays.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #7
DKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Bonded title means it did not come with a clear title and he paid for a title search and posted a bond. In most States if no one steps forward in three years you can applie for a clear title.
Risky business unless you've got money to gamble. I wouldn't do it.
DKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #8
abraham.hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKO View Post
Risky business unless you've got money to gamble. I wouldn't do it.
Yea I don't want to take my chances or even go through the process of getting the clear title
Old 02-23-2016, 12:07 PM   #9
OrrieG

Its a calculated risk. In Idaho to get the bonded title you would have had to do a 50 State search looking for previous title holders and would need to contact any that show up to let them know you are in possession of the vehicle. They either respond with a challenge, do not respond, or the letter comes back undelivered. If the case is no response or returned in a certain time frame the bonded title is issued. I am going thru the process on a MC I bought as a parts only bike for off road hunting at a dealer that went out of business. 30 years later I would like to sell it and not having the title is cutting the value in half.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #10
dsraven

well, really, it is missing a radio knob and the seats are showing a little wear...
I am from Canada so not clear on the whole process down there, but I would ask at the dmv to see what the costs are and what time frame they work with, then inspect the truck in the common rust areas to see what you really have there and base the offer on that. if it is gonna be a long time waiting for the dmv to come back with their paperwork the owner may have already sold it or changed his mind, unless you have a written deal made up to cover your butt in case it is un-buyable or too costly.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #11
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
well, really, it is missing a radio knob and the seats are showing a little wear...
I am from Canada so not clear on the whole process down there, but I would ask at the dmv to see what the costs are and what time frame they work with, then inspect the truck in the common rust areas to see what you really have there and base the offer on that. if it is gonna be a long time waiting for the dmv to come back with their paperwork the owner may have already sold it or changed his mind, unless you have a written deal made up to cover your butt in case it is un-buyable or too costly.
Up here in BC it's the same as selling a vehicle with no Title. We have to do a lien search and previous owner search before ICBC will give us a clean Title. If a previous owner comes back and says it was stolen and they want it back you're out your purchase price. That's why old field trucks and cars are sold so cheap as it's a risk. Down there it's the same thing, as you have to wait X amount of years for the Bonded Title to clear before getting a full Title. Personally I'd never buy a truck with a Bonded Title and they sell for cheap usually. Basically almost as cheap as no Title up here in the PNW.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #12
mphudak

Here in GA we don't have titles on older vehicles and sell only on a bill of sale. I tried handing over my out of state title when i registered it and they gave it back to me since they don't recognize titles. When I lived in NC they required a title but if it came from a state that didn't title you needed to provide a bill of sale from who you purchased it from and a copy of the bill of sale from the seller from who they purchased it from.

With regards to a bonded title. I had a bonded title on a '99 Jeep i bought a few years ago. I had a title in hand, but since i bought the vehicle on 12/28 and the dealer went out of business 12/31 (I registered it on 1/4) the state would not recognize the title and I had to take a bonded title. My insurance company handled the bond for me and 3 months after having the bonded title i rcv'd a clear title from the state (was supposed to be 2 years, not sure what happended but i didn't complain, i had a clear title in hand). In my case the title bond protected me on my purchase price (which was lower then book value) and had there been an issue I would of been covered by the bond like insurance.

I say this to just show every state is different and is worth you while to find out what your state specifically requires. But to your question, a bonded title, if your state requires a title, will diminish the value. Just cant say how much. The truck looks in generally good condition, but it's been repainted and we can't see the typical rust areas of the 55-59 very well (cab corners, door bottoms, steps, window opening, lower roof/inner roof panel, etc.)