The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
JPsChevy

Gathering knowlege before tear down.

I have a 68 c10 for my swap, I have a lot lined up but I'm running into a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to. I'll list my questions and what I'm working with. I ask that no one comments on the trans being weak as I am not drag racing. I'm Just building a driver that gets good fuel mileage.

99 4.8l engine was mated to 4l60e have full engine harness and pcm (4x4 truck)
06 nv3500 out of a 4.3l v6 2wd truck (have whole truck)

1) When repinning my harness, how do I accomodate the manual trans into the harness that originally was on the 4l60e? Will I have a nuetral safety?

2) Is there a simple pedal solution? I'd like to keep more original looking vs the plastic 06 pedal with the cupped ball for the slave cyl. reservoir.

3) Can I run my stock oil pan?

4) I have electric fans out of 06, will they mount to stock radiator? Will my radiator even work being the 68 is a 6cyl truck?

I appreciate any and all information I can get. This is my first ls swap and I know I'll run into more questions.
Thanks
~JP
Old 02-29-2016, 02:04 AM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Gathering knowlege before tear down.

lt1swap has all the wiring pinouts/breakdowns, probably a start for the wiring on the 4l60e. Does that nv3500 have a wiring connector on it? I assume it would have at least something (vss, possibly an NSS)?

Otherwise I've seen the clutch pedal switch used for the same effect. Mounts the same way a brake light/pedal switch does. Even if there isn't a stock provision for one, its easy to add. That switch and/or a stock NSS would wire into the old slot for the NSS off the 4l60e trans, back to the ecm.

As for the pedal, do you mean the clutch pedal or the throttle pedal? Throttle is easy. I'm not sure about the clutch pedal in your situation however.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:56 PM   #3
JPsChevy

I'm still hitting the same main concern with this swap.
I'm running a 4.8 from a 99 with an 06 nv3500.

#1 My largest problem is finding info on how to do the clutch pedal swap?

#2Still have yet to find but a wiring schismatic for the swap so I have reverse lights and etc off the the nv3500.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:31 PM   #4
JPsChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
lt1swap has all the wiring pinouts/breakdowns, probably a start for the wiring on the 4l60e. Does that nv3500 have a wiring connector on it? I assume it would have at least something (vss, possibly an NSS)?

Otherwise I've seen the clutch pedal switch used for the same effect. Mounts the same way a brake light/pedal switch does. Even if there isn't a stock provision for one, its easy to add. That switch and/or a stock NSS would wire into the old slot for the NSS off the 4l60e trans, back to the ecm.

As for the pedal, do you mean the clutch pedal or the throttle pedal? Throttle is easy. I'm not sure about the clutch pedal in your situation however.
Yes my Nv3500 has been two wiring connectors on it. I emailed lt1 and he has no diagram for pining that trans. Guess it's time to get the multimeter out and start experimenting.....
Old 06-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #5
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Its not a nv3500 but I have a nv4500 in mine..for your reverse lights it should be similar..there is a switch on the side of the trans under the shifter.if you screw it out it looks like a ball on the end..its normally open..mash the ball and that closes the circuit..that's for backup lights..my truck harness plugged into it with no issues.I'm not sure on yours but you say you've got 2 wire connectors..the other is probably for the speedometer...if its like mine its electric pulse..i bought a harness side plug that fits that and I had to use Dakota digital converter to hook to my cable speedometer.. like Brew says a neutral saftey switch can be easily added to your clutch pedal.if you already have a man trans in the truck theres a good chance you already have a nss.mine was already a manual and had the switch there and i think it dissables the key switch..theres nothing from my trans or clutch pedal hooked into the ecm .if you still have your donor truck you should have all these parts available. What's your concern with the clutch pedal? If your using the donor parts sounds like you got some fab work ahead

Last edited by mongocanfly; 06-22-2016 at 02:16 AM.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote