The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
Jonlopes

Non stock valve covers on Factory A/C trucks?

I picked up a couple of cool Period Correct hop up parts this weekend. The first is a 3866948 intake manifold. Stock on 65-67 396 and 427 engines in Chevelles, El Caminos and Corvettes that came with Holley carbs from the factory. It at least looks like it has better flow characteristics than our stock low rise manifolds but still factory and the price was right.

I also picked up a set of NOS set of Weiand valve covers. They were made in the 70’s and have not had any of the PCV valve holes knocked out. They are not “Tall” valve covers, meaning they are not designed for Roller Rockers but are a little taller than the stock valve covers. In the second picture below you can the end profile next to a stock valve cover and hopefully see the difference. It looks like they are maybe ½ inch taller than stock and maybe tall enough to possibly interfere with the ac compressor? Is there any way to move the ac compressor out or modify the brackets?

Old 03-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #2
Jonlopes

Re: Non stock valve covers on Factory A/C trucks?

Does anyone know if I replace the stock with an aluminum a6 A/C compressor if that would add valve cover clearance?

Last edited by Jonlopes; 03-02-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Jonlopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #3
hdff

Re: Non stock valve covers on Factory A/C trucks?

Without modification of the bracket I don't think it clear the new cover. The covers will fit with the compressor My truck had tall v covers and the compressor fit ok just had problems with the bracket, had to go get stock value covers.

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote