The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
1971c10La

How much is this truck worth?

OK this guy is selling this truck he said it's to much work for him I have not seen it in person yet but he wants me to make a offer and I would like to know how much it's worth beds floor gone inside door step is rusted bad and bottom of fender he said inside the cab looks good don't run on flats don't think engine is original have a few pics but not of whole truck but this is what it bout looks like other pics r the truck thanks for any info
Attached Images

1971c10La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
Speedbumpauto

Re: How much is this truck worth?

I may be a spoiled AZ guy but I wouldn't touch that truck for any money. There's a TON of labor on stuff that you can see. Every place you can't see that could possibly hold moisture will be just like those running boards.
Speedbumpauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #3
mphudak

It's value is directly related to your metal work skills, even then it's worth very little since the cab will need every section worked or replaced. If the floor is in that bad of shape i could only image the other rust prone areas like around windshield (especially upper section where the sun visors are), doors, chassis and etc are toast also. Personally I would walk away unless there were specific parts you needed for another project.

I'm a little curious where you found the pics if you are looking to buy it. I went the website and it appears they have already started fab work on it. http://bluechipmachineshop.com/bc_bl...hevrolet-3100/ Note his site says he's an Automobile Restorer, along w/gun smith and machinist. If he's saying it's to much for him and he is truely a restorer, i would walk away.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:45 PM   #4
1971c10La

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphudak View Post
It's value is directly related to your metal work skills, even then it's worth very little since the cab will need every section worked or replaced. If the floor is in that bad of shape i could only image the other rust prone areas like around windshield (especially upper section where the sun visors are), doors, chassis and etc are toast also. Personally I would walk away unless there were specific parts you needed for another project.

I'm a little curious where you found the pics if you are looking to buy it. I went the website and it appears they have already started fab work on it. http://bluechipmachineshop.com/bc_bl...hevrolet-3100/ Note his site says he's an Automobile Restorer, along w/gun smith and machinist. If he's saying it's to much for him and he is truely a restorer, i would walk away.
Naw the pic of the whole truck was off some website I lost the pic the guy sent me but all other pics is the truck
1971c10La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #5
chopit

Yep, you better love metal fab.
chopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #6
lv2tri2

I wouldn't make an offer, too much work.
lv2tri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:47 PM   #7
mr48chev

I sold a big window that looked better than that for 350.00 a couple of years ago because it was far worse than I wanted to deal with. The price would have to be around 200 to 300 to even consider it or less yet.

On that one you are looking at a lot of hours of fabrication plus probably a thousand dollars minimum in replacement sheetmetal if not more. I'd pass.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #8
_Ogre

that is pretty much just a parts truck
i wouldn't touch it for a rebuild
and i live in the rust belt

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #9
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Wow. I've NEVER seen anything that bad. Was it submerged under water for a while? No sarcasm, I'm serious.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #10
Big Daddy Bear

If you are even remotely considering taking it on, first and foremost question is, does it have a clear title?
Old 03-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #11
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Bear View Post
If you are even remotely considering taking it on, first and foremost question is, does it have a clear title?
That's the SECOND question.
First and foremost: "Are you out of your mind?"
I'm all for saving and not crushing anything that can be saved, but this thing is destined for the crusher.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #12
Highsider

Rust weighs less at the crusher, right?
Roof Swap on my Panel
Jim's Bread Truck
Highsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #13
Coupeguy2001

That's not worth pushing across the street
Coupeguy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:00 PM   #14
T.W.Dustin

I would keep looking, you will spend more time and money than it will ever be worth.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #15
1958Warrior

Lets be Serious ..Careful now this may be a fellow / future members truck, BASHING IS against the rules...
I've seen build threads start with the same amount of rust , new steps, cab corners , floor pans, lower fender ,door repairs are all typical...+ sheet metal such as floor patches that will not be seen doesn't have to be store bought and thus less expensive

Ive seen guys builds that have developed skills with help from this forum that have turned out very well. So lets not discourage others from doing the same.

Looks like some repairs had been started, like the owner stated it will not be a Barrette Jackson truck but how many of us can afford one, I see a fun daily driver that can be saved and had fun with while fixing up.

What's it worth ? get it for about $600or less... put $800-$1000 and some/ well a lot of time into it in replacement panels and its worth $3500+as a roller....Add a used running V8( $800 )auto trans (350/350) basic power brakes and its worth $6000 as a running driving project
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:48 PM   #16
crossfire84

Come on now, telling the truth is not bashing, just look at that poor old iron let it rust in peace. Theres a lot of experience here thats been there, take there advice on this one.
C4 rear
Porter built a arms
Never give the Devil a ride,because he'll want to Drive!
crossfire84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:21 PM   #17
T.W.Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire84 View Post
Come on now, telling the truth is not bashing, just look at that poor old iron let it rust in peace. Theres a lot of experience here thats been there, take there advice on this one.
I agree here. If the original poster is newer to this and this was a first project, it could steer them away from the hobby forever. I agree everything is "possible" but few have the resources, experience and patience for a project such as this.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #18
1958Warrior

Just read a little more on the Blue Chip site, said he had a pallet of parts from Ecklers, I would find out what all inventory is included with the sale,sub frame , tranny, engine, ect. Title? looked like he had repaired the fenders already and with new light buckets .
I wouldn't worry to much about the cheerleaders, we all had to start somewhere to learn skills , basic welding of patch panels . Not sure what your skill level is, but you will find those willing to help here on the forum . If you are wanting to learn to do it yourself.

It has all been done before, I can point you in the direction of several threads that would be helpful.
Sure you can spend all kinds of money on a nicer truck depends on your pocket depth, seller had a heart attack a while back, maybe the reason for the sale.
Talk to the guy find out some more info on it, see it in person. let us know what the details are , asking price. And if you don't want it there may be someone here that would.
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:46 PM   #19
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1958Warrior View Post
Lets be Serious ..Careful now this may be a fellow / future members truck, BASHING IS against the rules...
I've seen build threads start with the same amount of rust , new steps, cab corners , floor pans, lower fender ,door repairs are all typical...+ sheet metal such as floor patches that will not be seen doesn't have to be store bought and thus less expensive

Ive seen guys builds that have developed skills with help from this forum that have turned out very well. So lets not discourage others from doing the same.

Looks like some repairs had been started, like the owner stated it will not be a Barrette Jackson truck but how many of us can afford one, I see a fun daily driver that can be saved and had fun with while fixing up.

What's it worth ? get it for about $600or less... put $800-$1000 and some/ well a lot of time into it in replacement panels and its worth $3500+as a roller....Add a used running V8( $800 )auto trans (350/350) basic power brakes and its worth $6000 as a running driving project
What I have read - this is not bashing but opinions on this truck.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote