The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2016, 10:59 PM   #1
Bpilcher72

72 C/10 IFS conversion

I decided the C/10 needed to be brought into the present day on technology. I decided to do the Jim Meyer Racing IFS kit with HD upgrades and power rack and pinon steering. I purchased Wilwood 6 piston calipers and 13 inch rotors with the hub kit. I have not installed the brakes or the dog legs braces yet. I somehow managed to lose the dog leg braces. The kit is made out of good quality parts. The kit has a reinforcement plate that bolts through the frame. The reinforcement plate mounting bolts thread through the frame into a upper control arm/shock tower mount. A-arm/shock tower bracket is thick and has threaded holes in it. The grade 8 hardware in the kit had short bolts. The technical advice was to put thread locking compound on the bolt, but the bracket wasn't thick enough for that in my opinion. I got extra long grade 8 hardware and put lock nuts on the end of all of the bolts. I had to drill two new holes and slot two of the existing ones to get the bracket to fit. I was not happy about that because I like an exact fit. When installing the coil over shocks I had to grind down the spacers on the lower arm mount because they were too wide. Other than that everything was great. I think the parts are real high quality. I like the setup. Everything is TIG welded and whoever did the welding was an excellent welder. Brakes and all the price tag was a little over $6,000.00. The kit utilizes a lot of Chevrolet parts. The spindles, ball joints, and bearing are all parts you can get at a local parts store. I believe the power rack is off a T-bird. The double adjustable Viking coil overs with 750lb springs are new to me so I guess I will see how I like it. Here are some pics.

Bpilcher72 is offline   Reply With Quote