The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
IndifferentJester

C10 Leak/Start issues

Been awhile since I've posted due to deployments and finally have some free time to drive my truck around. Have two issues that I'm trying to fix and maybe one of you can help me out. My truck sat for about a year and ran fine just before it sat. It cranks just fine but never turns over. I've put new fuel in, checked the spark plugs (fairly clean and still look new), and ensured everything wasn't flooded. After doing my checks I noticed my coolant was low so I began filling that up. Came across something that looked out of place. From (what I think is a casting hole) in the engine block, my coolant was pouring out like a stream. It's on the driver's side, near the rear spark plug. Coolant just continued to pour out and with my very limited knowledge with engines, it seems like a cap should go there (and I faintly remember one being there). Am I wrong? Any thoughts on why my engine won't turn over? Thanks.
Attached Images

IndifferentJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
larley

Re: C10 Leak/Start issues

A soft plug is missing, could be because the motor froze and popped the plug. If that's the case,could be more damage. Might have rusted away. Couple of different ways to fix it. Rubber ones you tighten in to place or steel you tap into place. Hope that might answer your question. Larry
Posted via Mobile Device
larley is offline   Reply With Quote