The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
Lugnutz65

Inline 6 Factory PS pump HELP please.

Sorry for the long post.
Can anyone show me their inline 6 PS pump and original brackets?
Where can I get new hydraulic hoses made for the Inline 6 PS pump?
Do I need to run the alternator pulley on a different groove than the PS pump?

I found an original PS pump and brackets about 2 years ago at the salvage yard. It was in a 1969 Buick Skylark with an inline 250ci (see pics). I grabbed ALL the parts including the HB and pulleys. The Skylark PS box was INSIDE the frame instead of OUTSIDE the frame like our trucks but that just means the hoses are different. I didn't grab the PS box but I got all the fittings. The Skylark original hoses need to be replaced and are probably wrong for a truck PS box anyway.

So I mocked up the PS box on my inline 230ci tonight. Brackets fit fine and PS pump pulley lines up with all the other pulleys (HB, water pump and alternator pulleys).

I need guidance since I am a novice with setting up engine add-ons. I have a 1974 truck PS gear box and the CaptainFab adapter plate that needs to be installed but he has great instructions included.

Trying to do this on my own is really frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
vince1

Re: Inline 6 Factory PS pump HELP please.

It looks like you have one of those bolt on pulleys to the harmonic balancer. The belt should go from it to the forward WP pulley groove to the PS pulley. The other belt looks right the way you have it so it looks like you are on the right track. You need to find the forward belt in the correct length.

Depending on what year pump and box you have will tell if you have metric or the older flared fittings. I think around 1980 they changed to metric. Lines can be made up by shops. The fitting at the back of the pump can be removed and swapped with the other kind.

You are lucky to have the correct pump bracket as they are scarce. I modified one from a junk yard to fit.
vince1 is offline   Reply With Quote